Rito 707 Grandson Elk this threads for you

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We purchased this bull from the Sinclair program back in March of 2010

https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... 5Hkg%3d%3d

This was the catalog photo of 9R9 yearling bull

The biggest mistake we made with him is we never got him collected, been kicking ourselves every since. He did leave some very productive daughters in our herd

This photo was taken the day he was unloaded at our place after a long ride from WY

This is 9R9 as a four year old

Last one of a mature 9R9 this was the year he had an injury to his boy parts that ended his career.

Gizmom

Thanks. This bull is close to my ideal bull. The picture on FB us another good one. This type of bull would help most herds. If his daughters are as nice then his his value would be unlimited. Not sure I've seen any AI bulls I like as well as I do him.

Yes this is the bull. Jacob said his son's sold ahead of those by the AI dires. The pic I was talking about he was walking across a wheat field or something similar. He sure moved nice in that pic. There was round bales in the background. Jacob said you have some calves by a 707 donor and maybe it was Wulf Ext or something.

The cow Jacob is talking about is Sinclair Queen Mother 6R109 she is really deep and wide. She is what we are using to plug in additional 707 genetics into the program.

A good friend of ours from Cedar Creek Ranch purchased a really nice 9R9 son as a yearling. He sent us this photo of the bull he is really turning out.

I think he is going to be a lot like his sire.

Gizmom

Destiny

The last bull we purchased was the 9R9 bull in 2010. We were looking for a 707 son but ended up with a grandson. The bull had to hit all the other buttons of performance, phenotype adequate weaning and yearling weights. The 9R9 bull had more birth weight than I wanted for heifers but it didn't bother me for cows. We never had a calving issue out of the bull. At the time we purchased 9R9 we had a Wulff's EXT son out of the Donna J311 cow that we wanted to cross with 707 genetics, so our main focus was genetics.

Gizmom

Holm
I imagine I have a few, I took some on Saturday but was just clicking shots of calves for the most part. I did see a couple that had 9R9 daughters in the photo.

Not a great photo but I only found two that I was sure the cows were out of 9R9.

This is a 9R9 out of a commercial cow she is doing us a great job in the recip pen.

gizmom

I like the cows also. Was sure I would. They are the kind we try to raise here. I understand that type might not work in some environments but they do here.

Latest posts