RIP John Glenn

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":3ang0axm said:
Some will have to google that name. I watched him circle the earth.

So did I. The thing that I remember, it was such a thrill for mom. It really impressed her. She would have been about 40.

My grandmother swore it was hoax to trick the Russians. She also thought professional wrestling was real.

Yes, he was a very brave man.

Bigfoot":25gtk71b said:
My grandmother swore it was hoax to trick the Russians. She also thought professional wrestling was real.

I have a cousin who at 79 still says me did not land on the moon.

Dad and I would watch him and we all,so could see sputnik, the whole family would watch the launches at 6:00 in the morning on the news then dad figured out they showed the same film at 6:00 pm.
I never dreamed that I would get to work on the mobile launch platform that they used on a lot of the launches and also the shuttles.

RIP and while we're at it, let's raise a glass to the women astronauts, like Jerrie Cobb, who trained long and hard but were barred from space flights due to the attitudes of the day. See eg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerrie_Cobb
(Unfortunately, one of those who lobbied against their participation was John Glenn).
I always admired him but was disappointed a few years back when they decided to take an older astronaut into space to study the effects on an older person; there was a groundswell of support to take up one of the women who had been denied the opportunity previously; instead, John Glenn took the spot. Would have admired him more had he righted his previous mistake.

Margonme":12algwmq said:
Bigfoot":12algwmq said:

With all due respect Ron, I think your cousin must be "touched" in the head.

melking":2snkxn93 said:
Margonme":2snkxn93 said:
Bigfoot":2snkxn93 said:

With all due respect Ron, I think your cousin must be "touched" in the head.

Oh, I knew that. Lol

Latest posts