RIP Andy

Help Support CattleToday:

I wonder if in 40 years the entertainers of today will be thought of as highly as these old timers are now.

dun":15iq4lpt said:
I wonder if in 40 years the entertainers of today will be thought of as highly as these old timers are now.

Dunno dun. Andy lived longer than Michael or Whitney but we probably won't hear about his passing for weeks and weeks.

Hate to be the turd in the punch bowl, but he made an infomercial in favor of Obamacare. I know it was later in life and he may have been dillusional??
He, and the show are still among my favorites.

481950_10151053155826211_2040107235.jpg

heard a sound clip on any on the radio .and andy was telling opie about when you clean out the garage and you get paid a quarter, that was the greatest feeling in the world. i wish some of the deadbeats around today would have learned this principle

Day after he died, a local AM station played a stand-up comedy clip Andy did back in the late 50's titled "Football". It was hilarious!

He'll be missed. Every time I looked at my dad I thought of Andy Griffith and vice versa, they looked a lot alike. Now they're both gone.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":zxqufy6n said:
Day after he died, a local AM station played a stand-up comedy clip Andy did back in the late 50's titled "Football". It was hilarious!

He'll be missed. Every time I looked at my dad I thought of Andy Griffith and vice versa, they looked a lot alike. Now they're both gone.

Katherine

My dad looked alot like Andy too! And had alot of the mannerisms and qualities as well. Mine is gone too; April 2010. My favorite show included this.........

Andy: I thought you were spose to be home cleanin the garage?

Opie: I need to talk to ya bout something important.

Andy: Must be pretty important for ya to peel away from a job like that.

Opie: It's been prayin on my mind pa.

Andy: Well, okay, you did the right thing by comin down. Now sit down, what's goin on inside that head a yers?

Opie: Are there rules for pa's and son's?

Andy: Rules? What kinda rules?

Opie: The 75 cent rule.

Andy: 75 cent rule? I don't bleve I've ever heard a that rule.

Opie: Ya see, that's what I thought. How it is now, kids get 75 cents a week, instead a 25 cents, and they don't have to work for it neither.

Andy: And who's this "they" yer talking about?

Opie: Oh, Arnold Winkler an everbody.

Andy: Winkler, Arnold Winkler, do I know him?

Opie: No, there new from Raleigh.

Andy: Oh, I see, and the Raleigh rules say 75 cents and no work do they?

Opie: Ahuh, they get it too pa.

Andy: Oh, I see. So, you want it straight don't ya?

Opie: Yeh

Andy: Well, here's how it works. There are no rules for pa's and son's. It works like this; each father, or mother, whichever may be the case, raises his son or daughter however they see fit, and I think you ought to get 25 cents a week and work for it. You see, when you work for something, and get something in return, it makes you feel good inside. You do feel good don't you?

Opie: Yeh, good'n tired

Andy: Well, you just think about that for awhile.

Opie: Makes me kinda sad pa.

Andy: The thing to do when your sad is shoot for the good feelin.

Opie: Clean the garage?

Andy: And as you get older, you'll do more and more work for more and more return. All clear to ya now?

Opie: I'm not gonna get the 75 cents.

Andy: No

Opie: And I have to work for the 25

Andy: I think you got it

Opie: The older you get the tireder you get.

Workinonit Farm":2d9jk305 said:

Katherine
I think the first time I heard the football bit was on the Steve Allen show, that ould have been pre 1959, that's the year I left home and didn;t have any TV for years after that.

Workinonit Farm":30pwnsvh said:

Katherine

I remember hearing that when I was a kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNxLxTZHKM8

Latest posts