Ringworm Treatment?

Help Support CattleToday:

Most of the time, I choose not to. Any of otc ringworm creams seem to work. I have use tinactin with success.

I use anti fungal horse shampoo in a foamer wash sprayer. Spray them down real good and let it set 10 minutes than rinse it off. It not only helps kill what they have, but keeps new from popping up. I also rub the same brand of anti fungal solution into the bald spots and leave on. EQyss Micro TEK equine shampoo and tx solution are great products. The label says "Stops scratches, rain rot, and girth itch." You can also use Betadine scrub. (Not solution, without diluting it first.) The nice part about the horse or cattle products is they work fast and are cheaper than the human anti fungals (that require multiple treatments.)
Found on the horse isle.
You can do them right in the chute, though my halter cattle get baths all the time, so no big deal for them. :)

Last weekend we gave a calf a dose(pouring) of burnt motor oil. Hair was flaking off in patches. He looks much better, but could use a little more under his neck. Eliminated the flys also.