Ring Worm

Help Support CattleToday:

Not sure what is the Best. But her are some that people have recommended in the past.

vagisil
Iodine
NuStock. It's a sulphur-based product, they have a web-site nustock.com. It is a very smelly paste, comes in jar.
Monistat 7
Desenex athlete's foot spray
grease gun grease
used motor oil
W-D40
Bleach
Any anti fungal product for humans you get at drugstore or Wa-Mart

I've had success in the past using a product called Captan. It is an antifungal spray used for plants. It comes in a powder and you mix with water.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":29rtwmql said:
I've had success in the past using a product called Captan. It is an antifungal spray used for plants. It comes in a powder and you mix with water.

Katherine

If you will go to feeding food grade Iodine pint in a half to the ton of feed ringworm and hoof problems will go away.

Agree with Beefy. I have a couple cases every so often. I don't like the sight of missing hair, but it doesn't take long and it's gone. No need to spend money on medications or anything of that sort to cure something that doesn't affect the performance of the critter.

Caustic had some good advice there Jim.
However if you scrape the area with a wire brush and spray it with strong iodine it will clear up.
It is contagious.

bif

The fastest way I've found is a bath in a bleach solution of about 10%. Wet him in it from the ears to his tail, let it stand 5 minutes and rinse it off. Usually takes care of it in one treatment.

Caustic Burno":1v7jihzu said:
If you will go to feeding food grade Iodine pint in a half to the ton of feed ringworm and hoof problems will go away.

Had heard about iodine for hoof problems, but didn't know it could help with ringworm. Thankyou Caustic.

Katherine

Vicks vapor rub works well for us. Strange, but the vet suggested and it helped.