Riding Steers

Help Support CattleToday:

Will you consider or have you considered Riding Steers?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• MAYBE

• NEVER

• Total voters
Is that animal bowing or just got tired lol im assuming he is bowing, a good trick my calf been doing it since he was about 2 months old.. as well as a range of other things... he gets a bit lazy sometimes, he is a 9month old holstien now.. this Bill seems like a pretty good guy to be training his steers like that... are they belted galloways? or... that other breed someone was talking about.. this is a huge variety of breeds we have riding steers now, its awesome.
Lauren

queenielauren14":3z0s8zih said:
Is that animal bowing or just got tired lol im assuming he is bowing

.. this Bill seems like a pretty good guy to be training his steers like that... are they belted galloways? or... that other breed someone was talking about..

Yes, the animal is bowing.

Bill had a dairy for many years, mostly Holsteins. He has/had many oxen which were cross-breds, Swiss, Holstein and many others. It's possible that the striped one is a Galloway and not a Buelingo.

One of the guys I work with worked for Bill for many years and often would help in choosing calves for oxen prospects as well as help in the training process along with his dairy operation.

Gale, those pics look like they were taken at the Orange fair-grounds, Montpelier?

Katherine

Yes, the Orange County Fair. Bill had his Dutch Belted team there, had them doing tricks too. The other team, always a pleasure to watch, belongs to Mt. Vernon -- Milking Devons, I think. Here they are (with JT, hope I got his name right, another great trainer):

PIC00048.JPG

Latest posts