ride for jim

Help Support CattleToday:

Pretty interesting and they are making pretty good time. I sure wouldn't cover that much ground that quick on a bike. A few geographical errors. Sherman Pass (June 6) is considerable distance east of the Cascade Mountains. And starting at Anacortes they might be dipping their tires in salt water but the Pacific Ocean is about a hundred miles further west. That would be the Puget Sound. But heck what do a couple of guys from the East Coast know about the real Washington.

ALACOWMAN":3a32psmr said:
good for them,, their seeing some beautiful country....

These guys are riding frickin' bicycles across the country. They'd be better off at Guantanamo. But if they choose to do it to themselves, what can you say?

I am a cyclist. If you ever saw me, you would get a good laugh out of that. It's the most enjoyable physical activity that I have ever found. I rode 50 miles one time. I was as proud of that as anything that I have ever done. I was exhaustd when I got done. When I read about people riding that far day after day it amazes me. Water would be a big limiting factor. On that 50 mile ride, I would ride up to complete strangers houses, and drink from their hydrants and fill my water bottles. It takes a ton of water to ride like that.

john250":33xz2onw said:
ALACOWMAN":33xz2onw said:
good for them,, their seeing some beautiful country....

These guys are riding frickin' bicycles across the country. They'd be better off at Guantanamo. But if they choose to do it to themselves, what can you say?

The guy who is writing the blog does it annually and has for several years.
Howard did it with him a year or two ago and then again this year....
the purpose is to raise money for a specific cancer fund....
If I can find some money I plan to chip in....

Bigfoot":1lbarnmy said:
I am a cyclist. If you ever saw me, you would get a good laugh out of that. It's the most enjoyable physical activity that I have ever found. I rode 50 miles one time. I was as proud of that as anything that I have ever done. I was exhaustd when I got done. When I read about people riding that far day after day it amazes me. Water would be a big limiting factor. On that 50 mile ride, I would ride up to complete strangers houses, and drink from their hydrants and fill my water bottles. It takes a ton of water to ride like that.

Might be a scary site; a Bigfoot riding up to your house on a bike. :shock: I've been running for going on a year now but get bored with it. I've thought of cycling but hate to put out that kind of money for a good bike and then not use it. I just might though.

Very intersting PDF.

J&D Cattle":81gmquid said:
Bigfoot":81gmquid said:

Might be a scary site; a Bigfoot riding up to your house on a bike. :shock: I've been running for going on a year now but get bored with it. I've thought of cycling but hate to put out that kind of money for a good bike and then not use it. I just might though.

Very intersting PDF.
i use to run, in my early 20's.... before then i never knew how folks could run for miles without stopping.. i got to that point right before i quit..

ALACOWMAN":283gih3u said:
J&D Cattle":283gih3u said:
Bigfoot":283gih3u said:

Very intersting PDF.
i use to run, in my early 20's.... before then i never knew how folks could run for miles without stopping.. i got to that point right before i quit..

5 miles is my farthest so far but I have a half marathon, 13.1, coming up in December. It's the St Judes run in Memphis; another great cause.

Very intersting PDF.[/quote] i use to run, in my early 20's.... before then i never knew how folks could run for miles without stopping.. i got to that point right before i quit..[/quote]

5 miles is my farthest so far but I have a half marathon, 13.1, coming up in December. It's the St Judes run in Memphis; another great cause.[/quote] thats a fact,, though i cant watch those commercials.. they will rip your heart out... God bless the Thomas's