rice bran

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm fix'n to start mixing it with my sweet feed. I don't know what rate, but until I hear I'm going to experiment. PS. I'm feeding to bison so they have a higher tolerance for protein. I'll pass on anything I discover! :cboy:

What type of rice bran are you going to be feeding?

I have fed it to my horses in the past, it was a stabilized type and in pelleted form. The horses were feed about 1/2 lb a day.

I purcharsed a powder type rice bran that I mixed into the sweet feed for my calves, they were not keen on it. I do not know if I had used the stabilized type that out come would have been different.

Monica":1ov3msq5 said:
What type of rice bran are you going to be feeding?

I have fed it to my horses in the past, it was a stabilized type and in pelleted form. The horses were feed about 1/2 lb a day.

I purcharsed a powder type rice bran that I mixed into the sweet feed for my calves, they were not keen on it. I do not know if I had used the stabilized type that out come would have been different.

Never fed to cattle. Did feed one proprietary brand ("M........s") to horses for a while though...improved their coat and hooves.... Discontinued it due to cost and the manufacturer's and distributors attitude and found it VERY difficult to find anyone who was selling it. Mfg didn't seem (in my opinion) to be that concerned if anyone bought it or not...lip service...

J Baxter":3b5udret said:
Anybody feed rice bran? If so, at what rate do you feed it?

Can you telll us what you will be feeding; cows, replacements, cow calf pairs, creep feeding, feeding for slaughter etc.

Also are you talking about for winter feed supplement or year round feeding.

Can you telll us what you will be feeding; cows, replacements, cow calf pairs, creep feeding, feeding for slaughter etc.

Actually all of the above. I am going to be feeding some year round, but will supplement much heavier in the winter.

JB

Latest posts