Rib sauce - thank you Backhoeboogie

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
BHB, I smoke up some pork ribs today and did a search for some tips on BBQing them. I found this recipe for sauce that you posted back in 2008, my hat is off to you, wow that was great and now in my recipe box. A year late but thanks, excellent sauce!!

Alan

Backhoeboogie wrote

This one has been offered up before so I'll share it again.

The Recipe is just the sauce. DO NOT SUBSTITUTE BUTTER

Ingredients:
3 ea. 8 oz cans tomato sauce
10 oz of Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 lb butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
2 tbl spoon vinegar
2 tbl spoon lemon juice
1/8 tsp red pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp seasoned pepper

Directions:
Combine ingredients in any order in medium size pot. Use sufficient heat to melt butter and brown sugar while stirring to mix ingedients well. After things are mixed allow it to simmer for 30 minutes. The longer you let it simmer, the better. 30 minutes is about the minimum. You can add a bit more brown sugar or honey at any point if you like it a bit sweeter.

Number Of Servings:enough sauce for two large briskets.

Preparation Time:45 minutes but I simmer it for hours stirring occasionally.

Your quite welcome. It is an old one that came from my Blalock family.

I have some others you might want to try.

That one works great for kids and adults alike. It is the recipe I use for my big gatherings every Memorial Day because there are so many toddlers and young 'uns. Most everyone likes that recipe.

"simmer" was probably a bad expression to use since you don't want it to bubble much at all.

I took the rest of the sauce and marinated some beef ribs in it for a little over 2 days, put them on the smoker for two hours then finished them off at 225 on the smoker.....both my wife and I just kept eating ribs very little potatoes and only half an ear of corn. Great stuff!

Alan

Alan":31tnr7mv said:
I took the rest of the sauce and marinated some beef ribs in it for a little over 2 days, put them on the smoker for two hours then finished them off at 225 on the smoker.....both my wife and I just kept eating ribs very little potatoes and only half an ear of corn. Great stuff!

Alan
If you would have taken that corn, buttered it up with garlic salt and butter then wrapped it in foil and put it in the smoker the last 30 minutes the ribs were going you could have found room for more corn. :nod:

Backhoe, Kathy tried your recipe today on a pork roast cooked in the crock pot. Thank you for the recipe, we will never but store bought again. Again, Thank you.
Tom.

Backhoe, Kathy tried your recipe today on a pork roast cooked in the crock pot. Thank you for the recipe, we will never but store bought again. Again, Thank you.
Tom.

Backhoe, Kathy tried your recipe today on a pork roast cooked in the crock pot. Thank you for the recipe, we will never buy store bought again.
Thank you.
Tom. :cboy: :cboy:

kerley":2hvju8bi said:
Backhoe, Kathy tried your recipe today on a pork roast cooked in the crock pot. Thank you for the recipe, we will never buy store bought again.
Thank you.
Tom. :cboy: :cboy:

Thanks for the feedback. Came from my Blalock granddaddy.

Friend of mine just told me today that he used it in a BBQ contest a while back and won.

arkie 74":3nxok85r said:
Does anyone if you can store it? If so how and for how long?

My boss lady (my wife) has put it in the freezer before and tried to get me to add it to the next batch without success. :D

She and my daughters have thawed it and used it. I tried it and it wasn't bad.

We have never tried canning it in mason jars. Just make another batch. Normal batch for a brisket or two. Huge batch for 20 briskets.

Latest posts