Rhino gearbox overflow

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
How do you unstop the pressure valve for gear oil? Mine are locked up tight. What I am calling a presure valve is the thing on top of the gearbox that gear oil comes out of when you are cutting .

Usually the cap should have a little movement. I soak them in deisel for a day or 2 then just keep wiggling the cap till it movs, Then I squirt it clan with either starting ether of windsheild deicer. If I have some of the aerosol gunscrubber stuff I use that instead.

denoginnizer":2d6plrn6 said:
How do you unstop the pressure valve for gear oil? Mine are locked up tight. What I am calling a presure valve is the thing on top of the gearbox that gear oil comes out of when you are cutting .

My Rhino only has a vent plug on the gearbox for filling.

denoginnizer":286ecmkb said:
If oil is comming out of it then it is not plugged. If no oil is comming out it still may not be stopped up. When they are stopped up it can cause the seals to blow. My JD shredder blew the top cap off because of a stopped up vent. New vent caps are fairly cheap especially when you compare it to a new gear box.
I also have a Rhino. No oil blows out of either one. Makes me wonder if yours is over filled or you have oil that is foaming for some reason. Could even be that the vent cap has not been working properly for some time.

Latest posts