RFID Tag Help

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
I am doing a dialectical essay in my History 30 class about the CCIA and the new RFID tags that replaced the existing barcode dangle tags. What does everyone think about them? Are there any hidden costs to taxpayers? (Since I assume that this is a government ran program) What are the pro's and con's ? If you make a post that isn't purely opinionated please send me a like to back it up, as this has to be a factual essay and i need to back up all my points

Thanks,
Alex

Angus Cattle Shower":1391gung said:
I am doing a dialectical essay in my History 30 class about the CCIA and the new RFID tags that replaced the existing barcode dangle tags. What does everyone think about them? Are there any hidden costs to taxpayers? (Since I assume that this is a government ran program) What are the pro's and con's ? If you make a post that isn't purely opinionated please send me a like to back it up, as this has to be a factual essay and i need to back up all my points

Thanks,
Alex

I don't know if I can help much being in the US but here is my opinion on rfid which I just started using last fall (not currently required in the US) on my small herd. I am using rfid as an experiment to help me more easily work/weigh cattle by myself.

It seems to me that many beef consumers, both in North America and overseas are much more interested in where their food, including cattle, are coming from. These folks are also willing to pay a bit of a premium for quality beef that is age and source verified.

So it is to the cattleman's benefit to use whatever technologies are available to provide what the customers' want.

In the US not all parts of the beef industry like this idea of the enduser knowing where his beef is coming from so this will be as much a political issue as a technology and marketing issue.

Good luck with your essay.

Jim

Latest posts