RFD Auction Sales

Help Support CattleToday:

ronay0

Reaction score
(RFD-Rural Free Delivery???- Cable Channel(#379) on DirecTV)
Any of you seen RFDsAuction Sales, I watch it every chance I get. Do you any know how it works-
E.g.- 160 heifers est wt 650 act.wt 645 del. date 01/10/05. Think I understand the EPDs and what is selling and when will I get it. I dont understand the winning bid. Lets say the bids sold at $113.50
Is that $1.135 per/llbs or $113.5 per HEAD or (noway) $113.5 per lot(160 heifers).
I'm asking beause Im curious, if its what I think(bid-sold at per head) Didnt OLD cattlemen sold the same way-(n we're in 2004)
Thanks for your answers, AND PLEASE DONT HIT ME SO HARD W? THIS STUDPID QUESTION>

i don't have satellite so i don't get RFD but i'd guess the $113 is cwt or hundred weight which would also equal $1.13/lb.

as for per head, at most purebred production sales, the animals will sell per head.

ronay0":kj9qpjop said:
(RFD-Rural Free Delivery???- Cable Channel(#379) on DirecTV)
Any of you seen RFDsAuction Sales, I watch it every chance I get. Do you any know how it works-
E.g.- 160 heifers est wt 650 act.wt 645 del. date 01/10/05. Think I understand the EPDs and what is selling and when will I get it. I dont understand the winning bid. Lets say the bids sold at $113.50
Is that $1.135 per/llbs or $113.5 per HEAD or (noway) $113.5 per lot(160 heifers).
I'm asking beause Im curious, if its what I think(bid-sold at per head) Didnt OLD cattlemen sold the same way-(n we're in 2004)
Thanks for your answers, AND PLEASE DONT HIT ME SO HARD W? THIS STUDPID QUESTION>

The $113.50 is per hundredweight or $1.135 per pound. Sometimes on these Superior sales they sell the bred cattle, pairs, bulls and seedstock by the head.

i watch them when i can, i record it also and watch later. i have never bought or sold any.i have another question on that subject. what about the 5 or 10 cent slide? is that for shipping?

It seems some sellers will give a 5 cent slide if they have to be hauled a long way to be weighed, but I havent seen it very often. What I have noticed lately is that a lot of, say, 160 steers will go up, and then they will say they will give a credit for any heifers that get into the mix also, usually $10-$20 per head cheaper than the steers are. I watched the bull sale the other day, and it seemed almost all the 2-3 yr old bulls went for between $2300-$2500 dollars!

Question I have: if you buy some calves with a delivery date of say 2-3 months in the future, when do you pay for them? Now or delivery time?

RFD TV is great, we watch it quite a bit, especially the cattle show and the old tractor show. And I have become a fan of the polka dude also, Polkafest or whatever its called!

Dangit, forgot to log in on the previous post! '

I heard the asnnounce say a few times that these calves will be weighed on the truck. I took that to mean that the truck will be weighed empty, loaded up, then weighed again? Is this normally how its done on large lots? Or do they actually weigh each individual animal?

Make sure you get the right dish. There are two different ones, one you can get RFD the other you can't.

dun

lazyhill":3ufygcp8 said:
We are getting DishNetwork on Friday (yeah!) and I can't wait to try out RFDTV like I've heard others on this board mention.

I've watched it quite a few times to see what the buyers paid more for. Obviously there was always a difference in price related to quality. But the biggest difference in pricing I could see was delivery date. Those lots to be delivered in the near future were always a lot higher than say delivery in 4-6 months. Must be that the buyers were a little nervous about the beef market that far out.

Latest posts