Returning Illegals to Country of Origin

Help Support CattleToday:

red angus 2010

Reaction score
Guadalupe Garcia de Rayos who was deported to Mexico Thursday told Mexican reporters in Nogales, "I felt like a criminal,". In an earlier statement, ICE officials said García de Rayos was detained based on a removal order issued by the Justice Department's Executive Office for Immigration Review, which became final in May 2013, and was spurred by a prior felony conviction dating from March 2009 for criminal impersonation.

The conviction stems from one of former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's worksite raids targeting the Golfland Entertainment Centers, which operated several water and mini-golf parks. Sheriff's deputies seized hundreds of employment records and later arrested García de Rayos at her house, the Arizona Republic reported. She pleaded guilty to a charge of criminal impersonation, a Class 6 felony, the lowest level.

Her attorney, Ray Ybarra Maldonado, said there aren't many legal avenues for her to come back to the U.S.

"Getting back to the U.S., legally, there's really no route for her. There's no avenue for her. There's no application she can submit. There's no waiver she can submit," Maldonado said. "I mean, this is a prime example of our failed immigration system."

Failed System or Working System?

Mrs. Garcia de Rayos said she feels like a criminal, a felony conviction does that doesn't it?

Felony conviction means she IS a convicted criminal. Why would she feel anything but?

I gathered from the brief description, that she was charged because she was presenting herself as either a citizen or legal immigrant with proper documents. Either is justification for deporting even a naturalized citizen, which I very much suspect she was not.

She should feel like a criminal....she is one. She should have been sent back when she was arrested originally and take those kids with her.

Yes she is a criminal and should feel so. She shouldnt be on the news feeling sorry for herself. She knew the possible consequences and should accept it. Probably really surprised since that hasnt happened a lot for the last 8 years. I am going to say something controversial compared to what most people say on this board. The problem we have is we have done nothing as a country for years to enforce the current immigration laws. Now we have this large population here, some here for over 30 years, which our laws allowed their children born here to be citizens, engrained in our society. I know a lot of illegal immigrants. Some have worked hard, putting their kids through major universities, bought houses and built lives here. Our current sytem allows for those, with family members who are citizens, to apply for foregivness, pay large penalties, go back to Mexico or whatever country voluntarily and come back as residents. Process takes about a year. Go ahead and get these people on this and get it over with. I know some people who have done this. Had some work for me after they got legal. I think our system SHOULD NOT ALLOW GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE to non citizens such as welfare and whatnot like we do now. I am not really in favor of breaking up families but deport the criminals such as theives, rapist, violent offenders and that group of criminals. Our companies have willingly hired illegals for years. I have seen it first hand. Companies look the other way all the time. Not mine, we use the e-verify system through the delartment of homeland security but that system is totally voluntary. Lady sentenced in Texas to 8 years in prison for voting illegally when she was not a citizen. Good for Texas. Made an example of her.

BK9954":21dgw2ax said:
Yes she is a criminal and should feel so. She shouldnt be on the news feeling sorry for herself. She knew the possible consequences and should accept it. Probably really surprised since that hasnt happened a lot for the last 8 years. I am going to say something controversial compared to what most people say on this board. The problem we have is we have done nothing as a country for years to enforce the current immigration laws. Now we have this large population here, some here for over 30 years, which our laws allowed their children born here to be citizens, engrained in our society. I know a lot of illegal immigrants. Some have worked hard, putting their kids through major universities, bought houses and built lives here. Our current sytem allows for those, with family members who are citizens, to apply for foregivness, pay large penalties, go back to Mexico or whatever country voluntarily and come back as residents. Process takes about a year. Go ahead and get these people on this and get it over with. I know some people who have done this. Had some work for me after they got legal. I think our system SHOULD NOT ALLOW GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE to non citizens such as welfare and whatnot like we do now. I am not really in favor of breaking up families but deport the criminals such as theives, rapist, violent offenders and that group of criminals. Our companies have willingly hired illegals for years. I have seen it first hand. Companies look the other way all the time. Not mine, we use the e-verify system through the delartment of homeland security but that system is totally voluntary. Lady sentenced in Texas to 8 years in prison for voting illegally when she was not a citizen. Good for Texas. Made an example of her.
As long as there is work, government subsidies or the anchor baby they will come.
The red and blue parties talk out both sides when it comes to immigration

She better be glad her but is free in Mexico and not in the jailhouse in America

BK9954":ncpvgyai said:
You are aware, are you not, that Obama deported more people than W did?

I don't understand why all parties can't reach a agreement on immigration legislation that a large majority can support. I agree with some sort of wall is needed and criminal should be deported or put in prison. I question deporting all illegals as to cost and effect on our economy. I wonder if allowing them to register for green cards provided there record is clean otherwise wouldn't be more feasible. There needs to be a national discussion to a solution. For to long our politicians have just talked and looked the other way.

If we're serious about this, the way to do it is to crack down on the employers--much more cost effective to hit one employer than to try to round up dozens or hundreds of workers...
It appears the crime committed by some of the people they're now getting in these raids is the crime of being here illegally. I thought he was going to prioritize violent criminals? Isn't that where we wanted him to start? Not somebody who was brought here as an infant and has worked hard ever since? (Note: I'm not saying non-violent criminals have a right to stay necessarily, just that we ought to have some common-sense priorities)

boondocks":2snkmacq said:
If we're serious about this, the way to do it is to crack down on the employers--much more cost effective to hit one employer than to try to round up dozens or hundreds of workers...
It appears the crime committed by some of the people they're now getting in these raids is the crime of being here illegally. I thought he was going to prioritize violent criminals? Isn't that where we wanted him to start? Not somebody who was brought here as an infant and has worked hard ever since? (Note: I'm not saying non-violent criminals have a right to stay necessarily, just that we ought to have some common-sense priorities)

Normally I stand against anything that places a burden on small business. But I agree on this . something has to be done. The added burden and liability will of course cause employers to steer clear of hiring Mexicans all together. Documentation is easily faked. And it's common practice for identities to be passed from one to another . So instead of risking trouble small business will seek out American workers. A win win....

boondocks":2536krfq said:
BK9954":2536krfq said:
You are aware, are you not, that Obama deported more people than W did?
I was not a fan of W. He was a RINO(Relublican in Name Only) as far as I was concerened. Pushed me to leave the Republican party. I call myself an ulta conservative constitutionalist patriot libertarian now. But I vote against someone when I vote instead of throwing it away.. I didnt see any ICE raids around me for the last 8 years. No I have not seen the stats for Obama. I do know that ICE has been raiding the Mexican Restuarants and other spots in my area. This is what I see in my local area. Have not seen that happen for 8 years, that I know. Now what kind of deportations Obama did I would like to see the stats but local raids I have not seen any. I have seen some of the numbers of Central American children and refugeees allowed to cross illegal and stay. I am in a border state. We probably have more illegals than the upper 40. We should be seeing tons ICE action if it was taken seriously. Fines for employers are enormous. The managers can get fined personally as well. Not worth it to me as a manager. Every illegal that files for a green card pays about $10000 for the process. Lets atleast get some money back and keep the ones who work and pay taxes, good econimics. Put that money toward the wall.

boondocks":10x0gh9p said:

If they aren't here, no US employer can hire them. That, is inescapable.
No, it's not about economics..., there is another over riding reason certain people want them here and it is political in nature.

If we really want to stop illegals .... End health care and welfare to them.. Change the anchor baby system that was meant for slaves... If there is no more freebies I feel they will stop trying to get to our land of "freebies" ... One thing that burns my @zz is them getting loans for businesses and never paying taxes not the illegals but once that came here legally.. They should get no preferential treatment and pay.

skyhightree1":16e5xl9m said:
If we really want to stop illegals .... End health care and welfare to them.. Change the anchor baby system that was meant for slaves... If there is no more freebies I feel they will stop trying to get to our land of "freebies" ... One thing that burns my @zz is them getting loans for businesses and never paying taxes not the illegals but once that came here legally.. They should get no preferential treatment and pay.

If our fearless leader would give the order to "shoot to kill" anyone attempting to enter the US of A illegally, we'd have no more illegal problems by sundown. Or just treat illegals like their a threat to our national security, you know kinda like the terrorists treat us. Everyone in this country should be vetted like I am, just getting a new drivers license was terrible.

If they are such a necessity to are economy then they can return through the h2a program,work a few months then go home till next yr,if that doesn't suit them then they need to go back south or get deported. how many Syrians did Obama let in( I really don't know)?

True Grit Farms":3uaq4f21 said:
If our fearless leader would give the order to "shoot to kill" anyone attempting to enter the US of A illegally, we'd have no more illegal problems by sundown. Or just treat illegals like their a threat to our national security, you know kinda like the terrorists treat us. Everyone in this country should be vetted like I am, just getting a new drivers license was terrible.
I've been vetted before myself.
In 2005, I was going to travel by car from San Angelo to Houston. The night before I was going to leave, I discovered an oil leak, and decided to fly, which meant making a conected flight in DFW. Went down to the local airport that morning, paid cash for my afternoon flight ticket, reached for it, and the ticket girl told me they would be holding my ticket and she recommended I bring a birth certificate that matched my valid Texas driv lic. Boarding pass was stamped SSSS, which meant I would be screened more than usual due to security concerns. Went back home and got my stuff, ate lunch and when I returned for my flight, was taken off to the side and given the 3rd degree, verbally and physically, tho they didn't go quite as far as a body cavity search. They asked me all kinds of questions--where I was going, why, who I was visiting, their name and address, my religious affiliation, marriage status, spouse's name, ..just a bunch of stuff unrelated to me getting on an airplane. I was being vetted for that flight simply because I paid cash, hadn't flown in several years and bought my ticket the same day as the flight. Other passengers looked at me like I was a criminal and I still remember wondering why I bothered giving nearly nine years of military service to this same country, just to be treated like some kind of undesirable.
(I did not own a cell phone at the time, but I'm sure if I did, they would have wanted to see it)

Latest posts