Retirement Ranch Location

Help Support CattleToday:

You probably aren't looking for a place this big..... I somehow wonder if it isn't the farm that surrounds us because he has over 700 acres and runs 150 head of heifers year round, fattening cattle and about half of it in grain crops.

I said to the hubby.... I was ready to win the lottery now........ lol.

http://www.remax.com/property/94375115- ... -MO-63775/

This is why its very difficult to get a farm anymore and get young people into farming.

Red Bull Breeder":25ul38vd said:
Cause if you pick all the rocks up you will have a big pond.

I'm certain that was one of the reasons, but I recall him actually making me pick the sandstone type rocks back out of the loader bucket. I know I have observed the sandstone type rocks in my garden do bust up with repeated working of the soil. I figure once busted up they dissolve faster, kinda like a hard candy when you bite it in half. Does anybody know if sandstone would add desireable minerals? I know the term "sandstone" is a bit generic for alot of rocks. Just curious what ole Granddad was thinking

Ouachita":1pknd2is said:
Red Bull Breeder":1pknd2is said:
Cause if you pick all the rocks up you will have a big pond.

I'm certain that was one of the reasons, but I recall him actually making me pick the sandstone type rocks back out of the loader bucket. I know I have observed the sandstone type rocks in my garden do bust up with repeated working of the soil. I figure once busted up they dissolve faster, kinda like a hard candy when you bite it in half. Does anybody know if sandstone would add desireable minerals? I know the term "sandstone" is a bit generic for alot of rocks. Just curious what ole Granddad was thinking
If you had the typical heavy clay the sandstone as it breaks down would loosen the clay some, about like mixine pea gravel in it.

Latest posts