retaining feeders

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching":1li32k9y said:
Stocker Steve":1li32k9y said:
Bagley MN last Thursday. They really wanted the 8 wts..

How are the Spring calves selling in Bagley?

It is green north of Park Rapids, there were very few 5 wt calves sold, and most were singles so there was not a market test. There is a big cow/calf sale this week.

mnmtranching":i4tmyank said:
I check out tri-couty auction results weekly. They have good detailed results. http://www.cattle-hay.com

They have results for Bagley, Tri county, and Rich Prairie.

Their prices are good for feeders.
Bagley is a month behind and I'm not sure I would classify them as detailed results more along the lines of average prices I would say. Detailed to me would read 30 head of Angus crossbred steers weighing 453# for $122. Usually it will even show the owners name.

Somn right. They have that in the area market paper. But I thought action results were current. I don't often check out Bagley, Motley is 30 miles closer for me so I check their results.

SS, I do the crop/weather stuff for the USDA in this area. It's hard for people to believe how much difference there is, say between Hubbard and Lake George. I'm near Hubbard, Lake George is 20 miles North.
hubbard received total 1.6 inches in June, Lake George 5.3.
And Yes North of there, Bagley and North have had more than they want of rain, the wettest area in MN.

Latest posts