Rest of the story-boys with rifles

Help Support CattleToday:

Green Creek

Reaction score
After nagging the Sheriff for details and keeping the pot stirring, we suddenly got a phone call this evening from the boys' uncle wanting to know what he could do to make this problem go away. Seems as if daddy bought each boy a rifle to make himself look good and then ran off with another woman. Mother is devastated as well as worried sick about the boys being visited by the sheriff and juvenile officer. The uncle is very aware of how serious the situation is and has taken the boys in hand. He's paying damages, they will work it off for him and he's bringing them over to apologise. I think he has handled the whole thing very well for the boys sake so they can learn how to take responsibility. The uncle was very, very nervous about calling us but calmed right down when we weren't hostile toward him.

Si

Sounds like the uncle is a good man. I think you handled the situation as well as anyone could. Might just turn out to have good neighbors for life.

Glad it worked out in your favor and it will be a great learning experience for the boys, maybe they won't grow up to be hoodlems. I thinkI would still request some farm labor out of them too.

Please be kind to the boys when they come over. Treat them as you would any good neighbor. This will be a good time to befriend them. Those boys are most likely somewhat mad about having the cops called on them so you will need to over come this. Boys next door can be your best friend or your worst enemy. It is in your court now so get those boys on the right side.

Not to worry, we raised boys and have seven grandsons so have a soft spot for the little varmints. Not to mention, husband had a rifle at a young age and knows the score there too. Thanks to everyone for support and advise.

SI

Latest posts