Rescues

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
I may have found a rescue close by that I can help support-Gotta look into them a bit further,but they're in Elgin,Tx,so I can check into them word of mouth like..I'm so tired of not haveing a horse to pet or just watch,so mabe I can help support one..Yeah,I know *sucker*

The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a woman/man.

Check it out Peg, but just use some caution.

Yeah,I know there are many scams out there,so I'm going to do my research..i've seen a lot of "rescues" on here,one that was begging for feed/hay for the horses,and a FREEZER FULL OF FOOD and a PICKUP for them!! They also had fences that were saggy barbed wire and bent T posts..oh--AND KEEPING SKINNY STALLIONS IN WITH SKINNY MARES,and were astounded when the mares had sickly foals and the mares got thiner..They have been shut down..

S&WSigma40VEShooter":1s2rnr7m said:
I luv herfrds":1s2rnr7m said:

The outside of a horse makes good glue. The insides make good dog food.
Just another disgusting statement from you.
Tom

kerley":2nvuemjz said:
S&WSigma40VEShooter":2nvuemjz said:
I luv herfrds":2nvuemjz said:

Just another disgusting statement from you.
Tom

That is what most horses are going for around here. You cannot give them away around here noone wants em.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":24ftz7pd said:
I luv herfrds":24ftz7pd said:

What could possibly have happened to you to make you this way. You need some help. At the very least you need to learn to like what you see in the mirror, so maybe you could quit being so mean to those around you.

3waycross":3m2czk6z said:
S&WSigma40VEShooter":3m2czk6z said:
I luv herfrds":3m2czk6z said:

What could possibly have happened to you to make you this way. You need some help. At the very least you need to learn to like what you see in the mirror, so maybe you could quit being so mean to those around you.

Im not being mean I am serious. Horse prices are way down. You cant give them away. People are sending them to slaughter for glue and dog food and taking a beating on em.

Yep,and I'm gonna try to do my part.. I'm not going to support one that won't put an animal down,no matter what sort of pain it's in..for example one I know I won't support is the one that would not put down a 27 year old horse who had lost his hoof!! They kept him alive for months! Got to check and find one with a sane hardnosed director..Also gotta check their tax exempt statis..
I've done a bit of rescue,when I had time AND money..Amazing what food and water will do..to say nothing of worming and pasture.. Almost all I got now is time..
I know i know butterflys and rainbows
~*~*~* }I{ }I{ }I{

The outside of a horse makes good glue. The insides make good dog food.[/quote]

Maby you ought to think about what you say before you say it. Or do these kind of remarks just come automaticly from your mouth and brain?
This LADY that you are spouting off to happens to be loved by a whole bunch of members on here including me.And you don't have any right spouting off bull crap like this to her.
She is looking for something to do with her time since she's not able to do much.
She loves animals and ther's nothing wrong with that.
YOU DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHT WHATSOEVER COMING ACROSS LIKE THAT. :mad: :mad:

Peg you do this if it makes you feel good and make sure you check it out and proceed with care.

I apoligize to everyone else on CT for this but it just rubbed me the wrong way.Maby I should have kept my mouth shut.

Cal

S&WSigma40VEShooter":1521e6jq said:
I luv herfrds":1521e6jq said:

You make a decent post here and there, but then you spew excrement like this and prove that deep down you're just a punk.

peg4x4":fu3p4lf7 said:
I may have found a rescue close by that I can help support-Gotta look into them a bit further,but they're in Elgin,Tx,so I can check into them word of mouth like..I'm so tired of not haveing a horse to pet or just watch,so mabe I can help support one..Yeah,I know *sucker*

Peg I have a beautiful 12 year old paint mare you can adopt, You won't be able to pet her as she is thousands of miles away from you , but I will send you pics and videos regularly.. :)

I am crunching numbers and she may just have to go and unfortunately she will go to slaughter as well. She is great with cattle, she actually used to babysit the calves when I kept her with the herd.

I managed to give my race horse away to a friend but Sierra hasn't been ridden in a longgggggg time so she is more of a pet than anything else and I don;t think anyone around here needs another hay burner pet right now..

I think it is a great thing that you are doing and if you can find one close that you can actually visit even better.. :wave:

Calman":1pbirjlm said:

Maby you ought to think about what you say before you say it. Or do these kind of remarks just come automaticly from your mouth and brain?
This LADY that you are spouting off to happens to be loved by a whole bunch of members on here including me.And you don't have any right spouting off bull crap like this to her.
She is looking for something to do with her time since she's not able to do much.

Peg you do this if it makes you feel good and make sure you check it out and proceed with care.

I apoligize to everyone else on CT for this but it just rubbed me the wrong way.Maby I should have kept my mouth shut.

Cal[/quote]

Cal, I'd have your back on this one. :clap:

Sadly what S(whatever) says is how too many people think. Then there are the crazies who will have stacks of hay,barrels of grain,but never feed any of it to the horses..Also there the ones that'll stand there looking at the bones wrapped with rainrotted hide and can't see anything wrong! And believe the horses want to stay with them,because the horses told them so!! Hoarding. It's akin to people that can't throw anything away,includeing trash..A form of OCD-a type of mental illness..
Anyhow,I can't help them all--but I can make a heck of a difference to the ones I can..

Peg I hope you find a good one and enjoy the horses.

S&W pull your pants up your backside is showing. If you don't have anything nice to say on this post then say nothing at all.

Calman":2i72opi9 said:

Cal[/quote]
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: well said Cal couldn't have put it better myself. :tiphat:

I've always been stubborn,some say I could give mountans lessons in stubborness..So,if I wish to do something,I WILL do it.. Sometimes I ask what someone else thinks of my idea. All opinions are welcome (some a lot more than others,tho LOL)
Thanks for the good words y'all :heart:
Gotta check up on a lotta stuff in a rescue,don't want to get in with the *fairy dust and want it hard enough and it'll happen* crowd. :)
If I was 100 years younger I'd try to get into the BLM Extream Mustang Makeover (dream on)
Lots of :compute: :nod:

Hey Peg,

Ive been doing the recue thing for about 10 years now. Ive done everthing from fostering to transport. I find it fullfilling to be able to help out when needed. Im sure you will too.

Beckett

PS. almost all the pets we have now are from a rescue situation.

Latest posts