Replacing belts on round baler

Help Support CattleToday:

I replaced belts on my old Hesston, it was a lot of climbing up and down the baler but not too hard. I just left one original belt in until I had one new belt in place so I knew the correct path to follow. You shouldn't need a crimper since your new belts should come already cut and laced. I assume you can get endless belts for your BR780? Might be the way to go.

if i was you id take the baler to the dealership and let them replace the belts.that way you know its done right.and they may find probs you didnt know you had.

I took my Hesston 856A in for "off-season" service last fall. They didn't get it done until I should have been haying this year, but that's another story :roll:

Seems they did do a good job though. The baler was 14 old on original belts. The lacings were starting to get a little ratty, so I figured a little PM was in order.

They went through and re-spliced the belts, and took care of any other things they found. Only baler troubles this summer were a couple hydraulic hoses that blew out, and a sensor that fell off.

Call this # 1-334-627-3348 Hammond Equipment Company and give them the model of your baler and he will send you belts with the ends already on. All you have to do is put them in which isn't hard and his prices are hard to beat. They will come to your door in a box.

http://www.balerbelts.com/

crimsoncrazy":1738cyjm said:
Do it one at a time. Hook the new belt into the old one and pull it through.

Great advice and if you do it that way its super easy did u see my post where my belt broke ? I think you can do it easily.

Latest posts