Replacement tractor seats?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
My little red belly (8n) sees more work on the farm, than I ever dreamt possible. I've gotten to where I'm on the thing almost every day. The little seat pan I have to set in, just ain't cutting it any more. I'd really like to add a quality replacement seat. TSC and Rural King both have an option or two. They definitely look more comfortable, than what I've got now. I wouldn't be opposed to spending a little more money, and ordering one, if somebody here could vouch for the comfort of one in particular. I sprayed for 11 hours one day this week, and I was so stoved up, that my wife had to dress me.

I AM GOING TO FOLLOW THIS SINCE I AM IN THE SAME BOAT (SEAT). IT SURE SEEMS WORTH 100 BUCKS TO SAVE THE BACK. ONE OF MY REQUREMENTS IS THAT IT HOLD UP WELL TO THE WEATHER SINCE MINE DOES SIT OUTSIDE SOME.

ALACOWMAN":ck0ij05n said:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/universal-tractor-seat-with-adjustable-suspension-black Just put one of these on my old international was on sale at 89.99..at TSC.

That actually looks like a pretty good one. Wasn't on the shelf here. The slots on the bottom look like they'd match up to my bolt pattern to.

Sits great but a little high on mine for a short legger... Biggest reason is my seat bracket is right over the top of the trans cover. Ok for me and my son..but my rake man has a little trouble....may try to reposition after this summer.... Can't have a old one recovered for the money...

I have that one on my 35 , It does sit a little high and its better than a bucket ..... I will say it holds up well , When I got this little tractor it was parked outside and not running and seat was in good shape

I put one of the TSC ones on an old David Brown. Like the others said it set up to high and to upright to be comfortable. Mine was yellow and faded out in no time. It didn't bolt up as I envisioned but was easily drilled to fit. Yhe spring weight adjustment was also not very user friendly. I kept the old seat and probably would have refurbished it and put it back on but I sold the unit and gave the new owner the old seat.

ALACOWMAN":2bj3ycqc said:
dun":2bj3ycqc said:
I put a riding mower seat on my kubota
that's what I put on mine. Before I replaced it with the TSC.one. I highly recommend a lawnmower seat.......to repack hemorrhoids :cowboy:
It sure beats the metal frame that was all that was left of the orginal

We have that seat on our IH 684... it's alright, vinyl does age, its 4-5 years old now and I've had to patch it in a spot.. ALL new tractor seats are made with the same crap vinyl, so I don't think paying twice as much is going to help you

s-l400.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grey-White-Ford ... SwBt5ZF2FK

I put a tsc seat on my 4600, it is higher and not all that comfortable to me, better than metal. Bought one for my tn65 at the NH dealership paid about 75 more dollars worth every penny for the comfort. And it sits where it should.

Ran to the next town over, and got one of those TSC seats. Definitely more comfortable than the metal pan. Sits at least 8" higher, and maybe 10" higher than the original. In my case, not all together a bad thing. It has kinda straightened my legs out, so my knees aren't locked. It has a wobble to it, that is a little concerning. I guess my tail was just wider than the old pan seat that was on it. Don't think I could go back.

How about a Hesston universal from ebay for about $120 with shipping and all...several sellers and each has his/her price. Just go to the ebay site and in their search box put in BS100RD....the RD is for red. If you want black the last 2 letters are BK or BL.

Same size bucket that came on the old MF 35 years ago but is foam/vinyl lined, is low profile, and plenty of dynamic range for the compression springs with adjustment. I have an old seat I took off one of my MF 35's years ago and it didn't have the adjustable suspension springs like this honey! It also fits your watoosie and prevents a lot of side stress on your back from the tractor bouncing back and forth besides the super up and down comfort. Put one on my little 24 hp and it is night and day. Same hole pattern as is on my '60's vintage Fords...2 elongated slots for 2 studs from the tractor.

I have the black universal seats that sell for around $90 with back rest and suspension on my Fords. No way are they as smooth and comfortable as this baby. If I ever replace one of them it will be with a black model of this seat.

Some pics:
This is with the seat flipped up showing the mounting configuration (for 2 studs like my Fords have) and the adjustable spring suspension with plenty of dynamic range for a soft ride, yet room to take a hard bump and not bottom out....picture is in my Branson 2400 compact which needed some serious softening like I assume most compacts......I made the adapter bracket out of some old steel I had to fit the Branson mounting pad.

Couple more shots:

I took the Tsc seat back last night. Sat way to high. Probably same quality as most I'll find, but didn't seem like it would last long. Had a wobble to it. I could see it just getting worse and worse as time went on.

Texasmark":1t2d28px said:
How about a Hesston universal from ebay for about $120 with shipping and all...several sellers and each has his/her price. Just go to the ebay site and in their search box put in BS100RD....the RD is for red. If you want black the last 2 letters are BK or BL.

Same size bucket that came on the old MF 35 years ago but is foam/vinyl lined, is low profile, and plenty of dynamic range for the compression springs with adjustment. I have an old seat I took off one of my MF 35's years ago and it didn't have the adjustable suspension springs like this honey! It also fits your watoosie and prevents a lot of side stress on your back from the tractor bouncing back and forth besides the super up and down comfort. Put one on my little 24 hp and it is night and day. Same hole pattern as is on my '60's vintage Fords...2 elongated slots for 2 studs from the tractor.

I have the black universal seats that sell for around $90 with back rest and suspension on my Fords. No way are they as smooth and comfortable as this baby. If I ever replace one of them it will be with a black model of this seat.

Some pics:
This is with the seat flipped up showing the mounting configuration (for 2 studs like my Fords have) and the adjustable spring suspension with plenty of dynamic range for a soft ride, yet room to take a hard bump and not bottom out....picture is in my Branson 2400 compact which needed some serious softening like I assume most compacts......I made the adapter bracket out of some old steel I had to fit the Branson mounting pad.

Couple more shots:

That looks pretty good. Definitely fit a Ford.