Replacement Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

OT

Those pictures show exactly why the 406 made it to your keeper pen!

Tennessee Tuxedo the heifer pictured is 1336 I blew the photo up where I could read the tag lol, She is a 9/24/2013 heifer Registration # 17844679 she is AI'd to our Coleman EXT 6149 bull and due 10/1/2015.

gizmom

I can think of several deals that proved Long wrong... (a hereford cow for one) but his discriptions are pretty much as they would be today.

Question OT. How do the cattle you breed today compare to your bigger better faster days in regards to hip?

Oldtimer I would say that it sounds like you know exactly what you are doing with your cattle. :nod:
I also see the slower, later developers in the Brangus. I don't think it is such a bad trait for seed stock. I think it adds to their longevity.

Hereford76":2lgufgc0 said:
I can think of several deals that proved Long wrong... (a hereford cow for one) but his discriptions are pretty much as they would be today.

Question OT. How do the cattle you breed today compare to your bigger better faster days in regards to hip?

They are a little lighter in the hip- especially the Wye cattle... But not that much different once they get grown out- just slower in doing so... This is the first time I have taken a cow to this high of IBC- so we will have to see... 406 IBC is 16.15%... Maybe Bannon will not work out wrapped that tight- only time will tell...

Here is a Bannon of Wye son (and 406 grandsire) - Whitney Creek Bannon 730T #15800329 at the end of breeding season in 2011... Here he is a 3 year old and in my opinion not lacking in hip- but as a yearling he was not a pretty sight... Just long and gangly... The old Bannon of Wye UMF 8420 was co-owned by Horse Butte Ranch and Whitney Creek Ranch and was part of the Tall Grass Beef program...
100_0172.jpg

Latest posts