Replacement heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Rowdy":bpq5gmnj said:
You'll have to excuse his argumentativeness. In early summer, when you have certain individuals that don't shed out like they should and that exhibit bare patches of hair from rubbing, the generally accepted protocol would be to worm these individuals as its thought they are afflicted with parasites.
no he dont have to excuse it..... not arguing..thankfully i just know better than ''all'' of what you'r saying.. look.. what im really saying is,, your full of sht :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":l9rmk6b6 said:
Rowdy":l9rmk6b6 said:
You'll have to excuse his argumentativeness. In early summer, when you have certain individuals that don't shed out like they should and that exhibit bare patches of hair from rubbing, the generally accepted protocol would be to worm these individuals as its thought they are afflicted with parasites.
no he dont have to excuse it..... not arguing..thankfully i just know better than ''all'' of what you'r saying.. look.. what im really saying is,, your full of sht :cowboy:

You're a strawman. You never have the ammo to dispute the facts; instead you attempt to question my credibility. Ultimately, the proofs in the pudding. Ill show you my cattle anytime. You, you on the other hand- still after thousands of posts- are still reluctant.

Rowdy":32rbk8g2 said:
ALACOWMAN":32rbk8g2 said:
Rowdy":32rbk8g2 said:

You're a strawman. You never have the ammo to dispute the facts; instead you attempt to question my credibility. Ultimately, the proofs in the pudding. Ill show you my cattle anytime. You, you on the other hand- still after thousands of posts- are still reluctant.
always got ammo. its in my exprience, otherwise i wouldnt argue.. if you aint seen my pics. its because you aint looked..

ALACOWMAN":1ttq6wiw said:
Rowdy":1ttq6wiw said:
always got ammo. its in my exprience, otherwise i wouldnt argue.. if you aint seen my pics. its because you aint looked..
At last alacowman's cattle are real and they are very nice animals!

Anyways, there are other factors that prevent the cattle from shedding their winter hair not just parasites.

Well, cows with calves are in barn during the winter and barn is quite old and even not our. All cleaning we do with hands, no technique. As always our cows get dirty during winter and when we let them into fields at spring they shed their winter coats with all dirt and some cows get almost bare just with very short summer fur.

lithuanian farmer":2yobc8ep said:
Well, cows with calves are in barn during the winter and barn is quite old and even not our. All cleaning we do with hands, no technique. As always our cows get dirty during winter and when we let them into fields at spring they shed their winter coats with all dirt and some cows get almost bare just with very short summer fur.
Then your fine. Tho I would de-worm them for just in case as I always de-worm my cattle every spring before turn them out in the pasture.

Taurus":17unm2cd said:
lithuanian farmer":17unm2cd said:
Then your fine. Tho I would de-worm them for just in case as I always de-worm my cattle every spring before turn them out in the pasture.
id deworm to of course ;-)

lithuanian farmer":onmdcuy5 said:
Two future replacement heifers.
Born 12/05/30. Out of 1/2 BB cross cow. Sire 1/2 Angus out of 3/4 Limousine cross cow.
2013_05230027.JPG
2013_05230026.JPG

Born 12/04/16. Out of 1/2 BB cow( sister of the first heifers mother), sire the same.
2013_05230025.JPG
2013_05230024.JPG

I think that this last future replacement looks the best, but I would like to see her back end a bit more filled out and round, even at a yearling, (I am guessing that is how old she is) :D

EllieJ":2t9dpc0u said:
lithuanian farmer":2t9dpc0u said:
Two future replacement heifers.
Born 12/05/30. Out of 1/2 BB cross cow. Sire 1/2 Angus out of 3/4 Limousine cross cow.
2013_05230027.JPG
2013_05230026.JPG

Born 12/04/16. Out of 1/2 BB cow( sister of the first heifers mother), sire the same.
2013_05230025.JPG
2013_05230024.JPG

I think that this last future replacement looks the best, but I would like to see her back end a bit more filled out and round, even at a yearling, (I am guessing that is how old she is) :D

I also like her the most from all that year heifers. :nod:

Latest posts