replacement heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

herefordlover

Reaction score
were going to look at some reg polled hereford heifers they will weigh 500 to 700 weaned shots and know the guy well. what would u think would be a fair price. i know theres alot of things that can very but was looking at middle of the road kinda price.

If I couldn't get 100 over high steer price for a good weaned heifer I would just keep her. For an unregistered animal.

If its registered heck the price be anywhere across the board depending on bloodline sale and need....

Lots of "ifs" in this game.

Red

I Think around here it would probably be $1200-$2500 depending on quality. If there is something special than the price goes up.

went and looked at them heifers today. hes got a really nice set of cows. showed us 3 groups and they were that way because all the calves in that lot were out of the same sire. Had there sires on site too. looks like were going back to pick out 10 and hes going to hold them a few more weeks till the vet comes back to give them there 2nd round of shots. as for price 875 the top end will weight a little better than 700.

i have known the man for alot of years he was my highschool princapal. he told us he isnt out to make a killing off them... thing that i like the best if this heard was his grandads wich he started in 1915. he still on the same farm raiseing herefords and some of them go back to hes grandads

George":vgzy4vwc said:
Good for you,but he sold them way to cheap.He could have got that at the salebarn.

He'd have gotten much more at the sale barn in my opinion.

I keyed off the registered description and missed the bred note. Looks like heifers are about $200 less in MN.

We continue to get in drought-ed out cows from the Dakotas.

Stocker Steve":u7d1dwff said:
I keyed off the registered description and missed the bred note. Looks like heifers are about $200 less in MN.

We continue to get in drought-ed out cows from the Dakotas.

Steve, here's another ad for NW bred heifers that I ran across today: http://boise.craigslist.org/grd/3390222159.html. Long ways from you, but shows that we probably have a little different market out here than where you are.

I can't believe the prices you guys are quoting. Even the Craig's list. Nice uniform group of bred heifers for under $1500???
What is your steer market? I know I got better than sale ring prices, but 700# steers brought $1.50 = $1050 each (private buyer- my scales, no shrink, no commission). Feedlot heifers would be less, but these are being sold as breeders and they are registered. Granted, just cause they have papers doesn't make them great, but if they are spring heifers weighing 700#, they should be pretty decent.
Sounds like a heck of a deal to me!!! buy buy buy

Latest posts