Replacement heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

AngusLimoX":36u348dj said:
If a heifer appears to have no faults, gains well and is as good or better than the cow herd she may stay, otherwise she goes for freezer meat and money from that goes to buying cows or bred pb heifers.

I understand the closed herd/biosecurity concerns , but I only buy from trusted established breeders who all have good herd health programs.

With any heifer we retain we look at her with a jaundiced eye. If she isn;t something that we would buy from someone else she goes to the backgrounder.

dun

ALACOWMAN":30h4nmsx said:
AngusLimoX":30h4nmsx said:
ALACOWMAN":30h4nmsx said:
maybe you'll remember your own words when you screw someone thread up.

Show us where S.R.R. did this boy. ( It's really easy to do the links to threads thing, I am really hoping you will try it ).

S.R.R. contributes - you are, well what?

You have added nothing to this thread but taken pot shots at an individual throughout it.

Show us what a big dog you are!! ( Crikey, did I spell dawg wrong?? ). :lol: :lol:

( Maybe if I spelled it dawg I could be one of the "homey's ). :lol:
your right i apologize i contribute nothing.. i like listening to folks who talk out both sides of their mouths dawg is a southern thing stolen by.. well you know. and by the way i got your boy right here chucklehead

I see you have been posting dubious advice elsewhere but you don't seem to be interested in showing us where S.R.R. hijacked threads.

I don't believe you are correct in this assertion, and I believe your allegations against a fellow cattleman and a true Texan deserve an apology!

I refuse to be lowered to your level of adolescent name calling and I hereby challenge you to a duel!

Do you accept??!!

If you do S.R.R. and alacowman will cross pistols at noon on the morrow!

( I shall referee! Also - Please use the voice of Rhett Butler while speaking my written words above ). :lol:

AngusLimoX":3n2vg2xv said:
ALACOWMAN":3n2vg2xv said:
AngusLimoX":3n2vg2xv said:
ALACOWMAN":3n2vg2xv said:
maybe you'll remember your own words when you screw someone thread up.

Show us where S.R.R. did this boy. ( It's really easy to do the links to threads thing, I am really hoping you will try it ).

S.R.R. contributes - you are, well what?

You have added nothing to this thread but taken pot shots at an individual throughout it.

Show us what a big dog you are!! ( Crikey, did I spell dawg wrong?? ). :lol: :lol:

( Maybe if I spelled it dawg I could be one of the "homey's ). :lol:
your right i apologize i contribute nothing.. i like listening to folks who talk out both sides of their mouths dawg is a southern thing stolen by.. well you know. and by the way i got your boy right here chucklehead

I see you have been posting dubious advice elsewhere but you don't seem to be interested in showing us where S.R.R. hijacked threads.

I don't believe you are correct in this assertion, and I believe your allegations against a fellow cattleman and a true Texan deserve an apology!

I refuse to be lowered to your level of adolescent name calling and I hereby challenge you to a duel!

Do you accept??!!

If you do S.R.R. and alacowman will cross pistols at noon on the morrow!

( I shall referee! Also - Please use the voice of Rhett Butler while speaking my written words above ). :lol:
yes i accept your challange..as it take two yankees for one ol boy from alabama tight'n your girdles girls it aint gonna be a cake walk :cboy:

By a duel...do ya'll mean "chest bumpin'?" Just curious...

Alice

I was reading and I can see where folks are talking about it costing too much for them to keep there personal heifers.I see it as yes its cheaper to buy at a sale than to keep them but if you want to keep the bloodlines in the family somewhere down the road its always good to keep maybe 10 or 12 heifers out of your group just keep them seperated from the bulls and you wont have to go shop for heifers and u will save a little bit of cash we all know how the beef industry is its up one day down the next.I personally am gonna keep a few heifers back and sale the rest.If need to know anymore tips etc let me know Thanks Joey [email protected] I am also experienced in managing thee Herd

I was reading and I can see where folks are talking about it costing too much for them to keep there personal heifers.I see it as yes its cheaper to buy at a sale than to keep them but if you want to keep the bloodlines in the family somewhere down the road its always good to keep maybe 10 or 12 heifers out of your group just keep them seperated from the bulls and you wont have to go shop for heifers and u will save a little bit of cash we all know how the beef industry is its up one day down the next.I personally am gonna keep a few heifers back and sale the rest.If need to know anymore tips etc let me know Thanks Joey [email protected] I am also experienced in managing thee Herd

Alice":mlfk57vg said:

Alice

Know were going to do it "Texas rules"!

A rope tied to each of our ankles and the knife of your choice.

My grandfather told me he did that once against a Mexican in san Antonio. He said that the Mexican shot one of his cattle and the Mexican said he did not!! ( I always wondered why my grandfather had only one eye and was missing a couple fingers! :shock: )

By the way ALACOWMAN don,t be calling me a yankee I am a Texan born and raised PEIROD!

S.R.R.":1kg8bhnr said:
Alice":1kg8bhnr said:

Alice

Know were going to do it "Texas rules"!

A rope tied to each of our ankles and the knife of your choice.

My grandfather told me he did that once against a Mexican in san Antonio. He said that the Mexican shot one of his cattle and the Mexican said he did not!! ( I always wondered why my grandfather had only one eye and was missing a couple fingers! :shock: )

By the way ALACOWMAN don,t be calling me a yankee I am a Texan born and raised PEIROD!
ok :cowboy:

Latest posts