Repairing a cab tractor?

Help Support CattleToday:

gertman

Reaction score
Those of you who own cab tractors, if a repair calls for splitting the tractor I guess it can be pretty expensive right? I'm asking because I plan on purchasing a tractor in 6-8 months and considering a cab.

Yes, repairs are more expensive on cab tractors because of AC, water and the cab jacked up or tilted when repairing.

hillrancher":1z2nx1o1 said:
Yes, repairs are more expensive on cab tractors because of AC, water and the cab jacked up or tilted when repairing.

But it's worth it in the longrun

dun":7v6zxuwq said:
hillrancher":7v6zxuwq said:

But it's worth it in the longrun

Yup. Once you have one you'll wonder how you lived without it.

cfpinz

Most cab tractors don't require removal of the cab to split the tractor. And most tractors, unless we're going way back, have quick disconnects on the AC to prevent refrigerant loss. So, in my opinion, no, having a cab tractor won't add much, if any, cost to splitting.

Rod

I'll echo the sentiment that once you have a tractor with a quiet cab with heat and air you will wonder how you ever got along without it. Most tractor splits are for clutch replacement, and in most instances this means only lifting the front of the cab, not removing the cab. Tops it should add an hour on splitting and another hour on reassembly. Probably less. If the tractor is equipped with a wet clutch then the clutch should last almost the life of the tractor.

John

The newer JD cabs tilt over for splitting the tractor.

They just remove the right rear wheel and it tilts on the hinges.

MikeC":dc5hx4qs said:

That's just because you have to work on them so often!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cfpinz":edth187p said:
MikeC":edth187p said:

That's just because you have to work on them so often!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats like these go-anywhere-mow -down -trees 4X4 trucks with STANDARD TOW HOOKS

I have split a 5640 Ford. All the A/C lines were quick disconnect. Wires, hyd lines ect. all were made to come apart in front of cab. Just rolled rear half with cab back to change out clutch.

Latest posts