Reoccurring Thief How to Catch him?

Help Support CattleToday:

Moocow11":4wjmi24l said:
here in kansas you cant shoot someone that is on your property like you can down in kansas.

:?: Is there more than one Kansas?

Moocow":4wjmi24l said:
good luck with the pigs(cops)

I am a Godparent to four children whose father (a police officer) was killed in the line of duty. I don't appreciate this comment.

i meant down in texas and i didnt mean it to be hate full just the ones here dont do anything but eat doughnuts and cofee. and they dont try to do anything about the big crimes but htey make a big deal over itty bitty things. and all they do is hide behind signs and try to catch someone speeding.
i am sorry about your son.

VanC":1oxwoj0p said:
Moocow":1oxwoj0p said:
good luck with the pigs(cops)

I am a godparent to four children whose father (a police officer) was killed in the line of duty. I don't appreciate this comment.

I am with you. I missed it the first time

If it looks like they are driving in and you can do it. Hide out and close and lock the gate behind them Or run a chain across the entrance and padlock it to the posts. Then just sit back and wait for the S.O. to show up. You avoid the risk and they get caught with a load of your stuff.

To bad you can't get away with loading their butts up with rock salt anymore. A load of rock salt out of the barrel of an old "Long Tom" 12 ga. has turned many a kid into honest adults.Z

Moocow11":2vci3q3b said:
and we had video cameras that you could see the persons face. the cops had the fingerprints that matched a guys who lived about 10 miles away. but no they didnt have enough evidence to follow through on it. good luck with the pigs(cops)
And therein lies the problem. When they are caught the judicial system often runs them in one door and out the other. Criminal types don't worry a lot about gettiing caught. The crime rate shows this.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Moocow11":2z4x5qv9 said:
i meant down in texas and i didnt mean it to be hate full just the ones here dont do anything but eat doughnuts and cofee. and they dont try to do anything about the big crimes but htey make a big deal over itty bitty things. and all they do is hide behind signs and try to catch someone speeding.
i am sorry about your son.

It's OK. I was hoping you weren't being hateful, and I now believe you weren't. It's just that when somebody uses the term "pigs", I take offense and I let them know about it. Just to clarify, the man killed was a close friend, not a son. I am a Godparent to his children, not their grandparent. His wife is the strongest woman I've ever known. She doesn't need much help, but we give it when she does.

karltons right though, they do seem to be awful lazy. im not sayin they all are, but in a town of 1200, not alot happens, but when it does they never seem to be around. (that can be good at time too ;-) ) here we call them pigs too but most call em po po's.

cattleluvr18":3l1ed21n said:
karltons right though, they do seem to be awful lazy. im not sayin they all are, but in a town of 1200, not alot happens, but when it does they never seem to be around. (that can be good at time too ;-) ) here we call them pigs too but most call em po po's.

This really isn't worth responding to.

What was it you said about your dad a little while back? Maybe there is a parallel.

cattleluvr18":z6my8y81 said:

ALX << 13 years SWAT, 5 years drugs and UC ( undercover ) 2 years traffic and the rest supervisor - people like you are like the scum who pee their pants face to face and once you slam the cell door on them they wanna rip your heart out. Waste of skin.

Aplus - you are playing a dangerous game - think about all you have earned for your family, and stand to lose - nice to vent , but it ain't the old days. Use your head.

ALX

cattleluvr18":se1ve70c said:

To think you were juuuust starting to make a comeback but oh well!

It seems to me there are more than a couple of people here that want to slam law enforcement. Do you people have any Idea what they do? I mean an idea other than what you see on TV? Do you have any idea of the laws, rules, regulations, and policies they have to follow? If you haven't done the job how can you be so judgmental? I am not a patrol deputy, but I do work for the Sheriff's department in the jail. I know first hand how hamstrung they can be when trying to deal with criminals. The laws are in the favor of the dirt bags, so it just makes it all the harder to do the job when there ignorant people complaining about how they aren't doing their job, instead of being proactive and learning how they can help the local cop catch criminals.

kjones":wta94gv7 said:
It seems to me there are more than a couple of people here that want to slam law enforcement. Do you people have any Idea what they do? I mean an idea other than what you see on TV? Do you have any idea of the laws, rules, regulations, and policies they have to follow? If you haven't done the job how can you be so judgmental? I am not a patrol deputy, but I do work for the Sheriff's department in the jail. I know first hand how hamstrung they can be when trying to deal with criminals. The laws are in the favor of the dirt bags, so it just makes it all the harder to do the job when there ignorant people complaining about how they aren't doing their job, instead of being proactive and learning how they can help the local cop catch criminals.

You're right. It's like people saying, "They need to take those kids away from their parents." Yet, the outside world has no idea what that entails...it's not as easy as it sounds!

It's our litigious society...and I'm with Shakespeare on that one!

Alice

Angus/Brangus":2u9zgscy said:
Alice":2u9zgscy said:
It's our litigious society...and I'm with Shakespeare on that one! Alice

O.k., I'll bite, Shakespeare???????????????? What?????????

First, let's kill the lawyers...or words to that effect...or was that Socrates? Hmmmmm.....

Alice

AngusLimoX":pj8gzbkc said:
Aplus - you are playing a dangerous game - think about all you have earned for your family, and stand to lose - nice to vent , but it ain't the old days. Use your head.

ALX

Yea that is one reason I posted this thread. Looking for all alternatives. I mostly want them to leave my place alone. I am not worried about what they stole and I will never put anything over there that is of value. But I worry that they will become more courageous and start coming up the drive way to my home. And my biggest fear is that they will come one day when I am gone and my children are here.

The best advice I think is the Game Camera, I am looking into them at the moment and planning my installation spot. I did not know they had them in digital now, I bet every farm could use one of them. $500.00 for a built in digital camera for times you leave on vacation or when you are gone for long times.

Once I get done with catching the thief I am going to mount it either showing who comes and goes down the driveway or aimed at my back door to see who comes when I am gone or a sleep. I can see it paying for itself in a piece of mind.

Even thinking I can use it to check on the Teen to see what time he gets home when we are gone :lol: Or if the wife has any boyfriends coming after I leave for work :( :lol:

kjones":1y7zidhs said:

I do I know I am in a different Country but the process is very simular, I know what you are talking about as my Husband is in Law Inforcement, doing a much simular job to you, he transports prisoners from Prison to Court and has durisdiction of them while in his care, he has told me some awful stories and the way the prisoners act, nothing about on going cases just the one's that have come to a conclusion. some are harrowing, about people taking the Law into their own hands an what has happened in doing so, not good, I hate the Police and Prison Officers being called names as they do a good job, and it seems nowadays they are tied up with terrorists, and drug barons (Yardies) to do what they really want to do keep our Towns safe.

Aplus glad you have thought twice about taking the Law into your own hands, we have security cameras at the front and back of our house and it is recorded onto a video tape, if we are in we have a small survalance camera on next to the TV, so we can see who is at the door before opening it. Good for the children when home alone, so you can ignore the knocks as there is no curiosity as to who may be there, just a thought....Take care.... Chris.

aplusmnt":22c8s25v said:
[ I bet every farm could use one of them. $500.00 for a built in digital camera for times you leave on vacation or when you are gone for long times.

Even thinking I can use it to check on the Teen to see what time he gets home when we are gone :lol: Or if the wife has any boyfriends coming after I leave for work :( :lol:

Hey Aplus, maybe you don't wanna know!! :lol:

Yep, that is the best solution, getting one myself to handle a trespassing problem. I believe it is a neighbour poaching on me, but before confronting or accusing hoping to get the goods. A picture says a thousand words.

And guess what - you an use it for deer as well! :lol:

As soon as you arm yourself up to go take care of a problem most courts look at it that you had intent to shoot from the moment you left your house, regardless of justification or what was truly on your mind.

And Alice and others had it right when it comes to litigation - law enforcement is often handcuffed more than you can imagine by courts that were never intended to have criminal jurisdiction.

Happy Filming Aplus!

ALX

hate a thief worse than almost anything else.

also hate people who think it is cool to call the law enforcement people PIG"S and PO PO'S.
they are usually the ones who cry the loudest when they get arrested or need help from the police or sheriff or who ever, then claim they get no respect.

I can remember growing up that my mother would not allow us to refer to law officers as cops. She said it carried a negative connotation and was insulting. We had to refer to them as policemen, law officers, officer's of the law...you get my drift.

To this day, when I use the word cop, I get this funny taste in my mouth...kinda like soap. So, I rarely use that word at all.

Alice

Alice":1exmf73p said:
I can remember growing up that my mother would not allow us to refer to law officers as cops. She said it carried a negative connotation and was insulting. We had to refer to them as policemen, law officers, officer's of the law...you get my drift.

To this day, when I use the word cop, I get this funny taste in my mouth...kinda like soap. So, I rarely use that word at all.

Alice

Personally never minded that term Alice , I always thought it was a long used reference to Constable On Patrol, from Chrisy's country, the land of Peel.

Chrisy, your hubby does a job that few could handle for too long. He is special, and the others that manage the creeps while in custody - well they are all everyday heroes. Most folks will never be able to comprehend this.

Latest posts