Renovator

Help Support CattleToday:

Gphillips

Reaction score
I'm looking for information on a Pasture Renovator. I have a 1086 International tractor how big of one could I pull, what companies make one, ect. Any information that someone could give me would be greatly appriecated.

Greg

Yea, I think you're right, for some reason I was thinking the engine HP was 130-135. I guess the key phrase was "I was thinking"

I suggest that you read a few studies on the effectiveness of renovators before buying one. The Noble Foundation (Ardmore OK) and some universities have discovered that renovators are not as effective as you might want them to be.

If you have a black gumbo or any type of clay soil that cracks during the dry months a renovator is not necessary.

I have tried to fill up one of those cracks with a water hose and couldn't do it, so they must really go deep. My pastures get renovated everytime that it doesn't rain for a few weeks. Right now I have cracks that a baby calf can step in :mad:

We are in Western Kentucky, so usually extendend dry spells are not really that big of a problem, and our soils are anything but black gumbo. I'm just looking for a way to get a little more out of our pasture and hay ground.

Latest posts