Removing Clear Magic

Help Support CattleToday:

LoveMoo11

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good way to remove Clear Magic other than Hocus Pocus or something like that-I am talking something I could find around the house. I left my Hocus Pocus at home (I'm at college) and I'm clipping my heifer at school today and will be washing her after but that doesn't always get it all the way out!
thanks

O.K. Have u heard of WD40, it can work in a pinch and most people have at least one can lying around :D

Used it before and works great, just make sure you wash it out real good with soap and apply a good conditioner afterwards

hope this helps
:D

We use Prime Oil - a crop oil. All farmers have it. We buy it in 2.5 gal jug & just fill spray bottles. Works absolutely perfect on all glueing products. It's water soluable, so washing out is real easy. Super CHEAP compared to Hocus Pocus.

i read that link and if thats the stuff.

How long have you been using this product. Also do you wear protective gear when handling?

And what about the animals meat.

does it acumulate in the animals blood and stay in the system?

If you have been using this i hope YOU are ok.and you will discontinue use. it may be less expensive right now but in the long run poisin does nasty stuff.

How long have you been using this product. Also do you wear protective gear when handling?

If you have been using this i hope YOU are ok.and you will discontinue use. it may be less expensive right now but in the long run poisin does nasty stuff.

Are we now injecting animals with break down?

Cowboy 2.0":1crdqsz4 said:

Are we now injecting animals with break down?

One - you should read the link.
Two - it's a product that is absorbed through the skin on CONTACT.
Three - if you read the sheet you would know it should be handled with chemical resistant gloves.
Forth - why would you even respond with such and uneducated response when all the information is easily obtainable through the link?

I m sorry I have to be so abrupt, but if this is the product she is suggesting it is very important everyone is clear about the risks and then they on an individual basis can make an informative, educated decision.

This is not a common break down product designed for livestock use, it's a product that this person may have used as a child or had it around the house and tried it, and guess what ...it worked. Maybe they are UN aware of the dangers to themselves and now without even knowing it, to others. Also not knowing anything about the product and reading the lable should make you think twice about putting it on your animal without more information.

Please untill we find out if this is the product she is talking about don't try it.

My hope is when she is able to get back onto CT she will tell me it's the wrong product........I pray.

products can be accumulative in the bloodstream on both human and animals and can cause problems on sensitive people and animals.

She may have used this many times with no problems, but with warning labels like that......don't create a problem if you don't have too, there are many products out there that are safe and not all that costly.

Remember I could be wrong and if I am, I am so sorry.................But I hope everyone knows my heart is in the right spot and I worry about the kids trying it at this point, at least till we hear from Jeanne. Just be on the safe side :D

I am an EMT-I/ Paramedic and have seen many people hurt by products that they thought were safe. It is my JOB to make sure; not only for my family but that the public is safe. If I am aware of a potential danger and don't make you aware of it, I could not live with myself. If after the public is aware of the potential danger and still chooses to partake of that danger, I can walk away knowing I did my job.
REMEMBER WE DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS THE SAME PRODUCT SHE IS TALKING ABOUT...I HOPE IT'S NOT :D
Edited for spelling and grammar.

Well, Jeanne has been showing quite awhile and I do believe she would know that she was handeling a caustic chemical. Kinda like getting acid on youself. Something about the feeling it gives you tells you it isn't good. Read the label, its mostly oil, what a shocker for a product called prime oil. Don't see oil absorbing into the skin all that fast, and with as long as it takes to break down an animal I don't see it causing
much of a problem. But congrats to you and your kid for staying on top of everything and keeping everyone safe.

Cowboy 2.0":bvpp4mcp said:
congrats to you and your kid for staying on top of everything and keeping everyone safe.
No problem cowboy and thanks for understanding, I'm sorry I had to get strong worded with you but the safety of the animals and people is very important to all of us.

Sometimes people can take a product that they think is extremely harmless and use it in a way that it is not intended for and create an entirely unexpected reaction.

This oil based product can cause aspiration pneumonia if not used with a respirator. So if you intend to use it on your animals.....a spray bottle is not recommended, per poison control. They did stress that if a person has any repertory problems Exmpl. COPD or Asthma they should avoid the spry bottle method. Also excessive amounts of this product on your skin can absorb through your skin and cause nausea and vomiting. But that was about it. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm bad about not reading into things i.e. labels, rules, etc. Guess thats why I was banned from Houston for a year. I would have saw the name with oil in it and used it to.

From what I understand it's fine to use, if you're a sensitive person with repertory problems I would be cautious but that's with any petroleum product. But it is good practice to check things out for yourself, even if the information comes from a very reliable source, it's just good practice. :D

show steer up":n1xqnlta said:
From what I understand it's fine to use, if you're a sensitive person with repertory problems I would be cautious but that's with any petroleum product. But it is good practice to check things out for yourself, even if the information comes from a very reliable source, it's just good practice. :D
Thanks for the heads up, I never read the label - but - my husband sells the product, knows the manufacturers & yes, it's basically just an oil based product. These companies have to pay millions to get things cleared for labeling. So, they just put warning labels instead.
Again, we've used it for probably 15 years, no gloves, no side-affects (I know, I know - yet!). :banana:

Angus Cowman":2qaz74zc said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":2qaz74zc said:
Again, we've used it for probably 15 years, no gloves, no side-affects (I know, I know - yet!). :banana:
Jeanne do you think this product could be responsible for that 3rd arm growing out between your shoulder blades :eek:

Naw probably not
:lol: :lol: No, but it might explain my web fingers!

Have you ever read the warning label on a can of adhesive that you are putting on your animals?

Grooming Adhesive

Stone Mfg. & Supply Co. - view all Stone Mfg. & Supply Co. products previous | up | next

E-mail this product to a friend

Description Label Info
Doc Brannen's brand. For taming hard-to-hold and unmanageable hair on any part of the body. Dries quickly without being tacky. Clear.
American Livestock Supply, Inc. has taken great care in assembling this label information. But, due to the possibility of human error or manufacture label changes, American Livestock Supply, Inc. disclaims responsibility for use or misuse of this product. Before use, always read and follow the manufacturer's label on the physical product.

DESCRIPTION: Groominga-Groomingablk-"Doc" Brannen's Grooming Adhesive-Clear or Black 14.5 oz aerosol can

INGREDIENTS: Methylene Chloride, N Hexane, Propane/Isobutane and Methyl Chloroform.

DIRECTIONS: Comb hair into desired position and spray well. To use on the brush, rat a small area at a time. Spray a little on each ratted section as you trim off wild or excess hair. To remove, Spray with "Doc" Brannen's Undress, Purple Spray Oil or Final Mist. Set a few minutes and shampoo.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:Grooming Adhesive gives a firm hold that goes on easily in a smooth and even spray. Dries quickly. Excellent for use on even hard-to-hold hair; Tail head Feathers, Poll Top Knots; Perfect Set-ups on Tail Bush; and Use for Boning up Legs.

CAUTION:

WARNINGS:FLAMMABLE! Do not use near heat or flame. Contents are under pressure. Do not puncture or incinerate. Do not expose to heat or store at temperature above 120 degrees F. Breathing contents may be hazardous to your health. Contains Methylene Chloride which has been shown to cause cancer in certain laboratory animals. Use this product outdoors, if possible. If used indoors, use maximum fresh air ventilation during application. Contains Methyl Chloroform, a substance which harms public health and environment by destroying ozone in the upper atmosphere. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN

The above is a standard, "may be hazardous to your health" caution. Can cause cancer etc.

This said
Avoid breathing spray mist, wear chemical resistant gloves, remove contaminated clothing.
If inhaled- move person to fresh air, if person is not breathing call 911 or an ambulance :shock: , give artifical resperation :shock: :shock: , call poison control center or doctor for further treatment advice. :D ;-)
OH shyt..................

In this case the cronic cancer caution is nothing :lol: :lol:
I'm sorry everyone, it just got my pucker string going :cowboy:

Next time I promise............ Ill let you all die :devil2:
:D :D :lol: :shock:

There are several shows that ban all products on meat animals - no paints, no adhesives, nothing. Because, none of the products used are cleared for meat animals. I think there will be more & more of the shows banning these products. Good, bad, or indifferent, if they ban it at a show - it still makes everything equal. You competitors will be in the same boat.

Latest posts