Reminder when Branding

Help Support CattleToday:

Good advice. I wish you would have posted this reminder a couple weeks ago. Easy to do when you are hurrying everything along.

This reminds me of the time I had some cows at the vet. Part of the work he was doing was pour-on. The last cow was being obstinate about moving after she was worked. The vet grabbed a hot-stick and punched her; there was a spark and you can guess the shock to all, including the cow, when her entire topline was aflame. The vet was swatting the fire with everything available. :lol:

Cowdirt":1kugfc1j said:
This reminds me of the time I had some cows at the vet. Part of the work he was doing was pour-on. The last cow was being obstinate about moving after she was worked. The vet grabbed a hot-stick and punched her; there was a spark and you can guess the shock to all, including the cow, when her entire topline was aflame. The vet was swatting the fire with everything available. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just to be clear for all you "my cattle are part of my family people" it doesn't really hurt the cattle. The Ivomec is burning on the cow, the cow is not burning. Its like putting hair spray on your hand and lighting it, it doesn't burn you. ;-)

Oh yes..... we discontinued the use of any sort of electric prod when moving the old gals through the lane when using pour on as well.

One year we had a cow that decided she wanted to just stand in the head gate after being poured and having the gate opened. So my uncle zapped her in the behind to motivate her just a bit, and she burst into flames at the same time she decided to run out the open gate and join the rest of the herd. I had visions of the begining sequence of "Mars Attacks" flashing through my mind.

:eek:

Latest posts