Remember me ? EPD updates.

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
This was my pick of this years bull crop to use for our clean up bull when he was 4 -5 months old.

IMG_1150.jpg

This is the same guy now , no grain ever and right now because of rationing because of our drought and feed costs, he is on green feed oat hay. He is 10 months ,red polled GV out of Kalina Moderator.

IMG_2042.jpg

Developing nicely. Looks like he is getting rid of that feminine face that he had as a calf.
Keep posting the pics. I love to watch them grow up.

thats a fine looking bull calf.he is gonna have a nice muscled rear end on him.an he is growing real good.

Nova, I haven't sent all of the info into the association on him yet, I want to wait until I get his yearling weight and measurements done. He looks alot like his half brother did except he is put together much better. The first AI group is set to calve Jan 4-9, I am getting excited to see what I will get, as I have never used these bulls before.

So I got his EPD's back last week. I am quite happy with them . I am going to get him DNA'd as well as my other sale bulls for REA and MB when we do a bull soundness exam, and keep in mind there is no scrotal measurement yet for the yearling. I will add an updated pic hopefully tomorrow as well.

Please bare with me as I type this out:

................ CE,, BW,, WW,, YW,, MK,, TM,, Gl,, CED, SC ,, FM
Ind EPDs .......110,, -8,, 37,, 72,, 17,, 36,, -1.7,, 101,, .6,, 9.42
Sire ............116,, -4.1,, 28,, 67,, 19,, 33,, -2.9,, 102,, .18,, 12.99
Dam.............103,, 2.4,, 46,, 76,, 16,, 39,, -.5,, 101,, .5,, 4.45

Sorry, I hope you can read them..

Latest posts