Remember 9 - 11 - 01, shall we never forget.

Help Support CattleToday:

I will never forget that day. It was a Tuesday morning, and I was sitting in an education class when this young woman comes running in and saying "I know it's not related to education, but a plane just hit one of the Twin Towers!" We didn't think much of it other than it was an accident. I went through the union on the way to my next class and saw the second plane hit. It was in that next class that the teacher told us what had happened, and a kid raised his hand. When called on he said "Excuse me, did you say a plane from Boston to...?" (I can't remember at this point). When the professor stated that yes, it was such plane, the kid ran out of the classroom. I will never forget that and have always wondered what happened to him.

For the next few nights, we had the most brilliant sunsets, which knowing what it was, was pretty disturbing. Also, living in Maine, it was a pretty busy airspace with all the planes coming over from Europe flying through that airspace, and it being silent was really eerie.

I think the two most horrible event I have ever seen live via television were the Waco burning and the 9-11 attack.
People were really shaken by these two events. It was too late to be deemed as a wake up call.
And what have we learned from all this?
Not a dam thing.

I can remember it like it was yesterday. It crossed my mind yesterday that it was today. I don't get hung up on dates. I can't remember birthdays and when we did this or that, but this one always gets me pretty morose and then comes the anger.

Yeah I remember it well. I had no classes that day at the community college and was at home watching the Today show on the recliner when Katie Couric came on with breaking news that a plane had hit the tower. I remember thinking from the get go it wasn't an accident while Katie and many others were thinking accident. Remember her face and shock on it when the other tower was hit. Plus my mother's birthday is on the 10th therefore that helps me remember it easily. Hopefully it will never be forgotten like so many other things tend to get.

I remember that day well, was taking my truck to the dealership garage. Turned on the radio, and they were talking about an airplane hitting one of the towers. Later when I got home turned on the news to find out that a second one had hit. We all stayed pretty close to the television for the rest of the day, feeling heart broke for the victims and their families, as well as being unsure what the immediate future was going to be. As others have mentioned, about anytime I look up, I can see an airplane or 3 or 4, it seemed very strange to look up and not see any.

the liberal snowflakes are out taking down people 9/11 memorials and flags.

insane.