Rematch from our sorry non-playoff system

Help Support CattleToday:

Isomade

Reaction score
Well, we get to see Bama-LSU again. Ok St. Gets Stanford which should be a great watch, but it ain't for a championship. I just hate it that there is always a question as to what could have been.

I would like to see a play off . Nothing like basket ball thou . Maybe top 4 teams or so .. but anything is better than this ..

I was hoping to see LSU-Ok St. To me the worst part is waiting for so long to find out who the champ is.

For me this is one of the worst things that has happened since the BCS Started, worse than the year Oregon was #2 and should have played Miami for the title. But the BCS took a Nebraska who finished second that year in the Big 12, we got Colorado. For me Bama LSU is a joke, no team should get two shots at knocking off the top dog. I like the thought of a top 4 playoff.

I know, I know...... :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

The way I see it Alabama already had their shot at their house and lost,and Bama didnt win their conference, not saying that Bama isnt the 2nd best team in the nation but OK state should of had a shot, hope that the national championship game isnt a field goal contest.

Well, I have watched the field goal from the iowa st game 50 times, and it sure appears to me that the ball crossed the inside line of the goal post. So I think they were wronged then. But hey, they had a second shot in overtime.

I told myself that until I heard several idiots voted them 5th place, and 6th place.
And Nick Satan voted them 4th below Stanford- surely he just thought Stanford was a better team. :mad:

This system goes against everything sports represent. People need to not watch the game and avoid doing business with everyone that supports it. Only way this crap is going to change- change the money.

I don't care for a rematch, didn't really care for the first game. I like an offense game not the cloud of dust and 3 yards. One thing for sure, an SEC team will be nat'l champs unless they can find a way for Notre Dame to slide in. LSU is my team from the get go, bama's got a great team but if they win that means they both have one loss to each other. Sounds like a tie????? May a two out of three. Man, wonder what a ticket would cost for number three.
I had rather see LSU steam roll OSU and Bama do the same to Stanford. Oh well, wait til next year.

The best two teams in the country are playing for the national championship and that's how it should be. It just so happens that those teams are in the same division in the same conference and already played each other. That's life. Their first game was a great game and I'm looking forward to the rematch. Anyone that saw that game and didn't enjoy it doesn't appreciate college football. If you need more scoring, and can't get into a tough, fast, hard hitting defensive battle then check out arena football. Might be right up your alley. Don't like the idea of a rematch? Watch I Love Lucy reruns. I'll be watching the best two teams in the country going at it again.

Whaaa Whaaa Whaaa everybody is mad because their team didnt make it. Tell it like it is Van, the truth hurts sometimes. What everyone has to realize is we do have a playoff system in college football. It is a small playoff but nevertheless a playoff. That would be #1 and #2 for the national championship. Evidently the majority (that have a vote) feels differently than the majority on these boards. So sull up and dont watch or accept it and get ready for the rematch. Should be another great game no matter who wins. However did I mention that I will be pulling for Alabama?

Circle H Ranch

Whaaa Whaaa Whaaa everybody is mad because their team didnt make it. Tell it like it is Van, the truth hurts sometimes. What everyone has to realize is we do have a playoff system in college football. It is a small playoff but nevertheless a playoff. That would be #1 and #2 for the national championship. Evidently the majority (that have a vote) feels differently than the majority on these boards. So sull up and dont watch or accept it and get ready for the rematch. Should be another great game no matter who wins. However did I mention that I will be pulling for Alabama?

Circle H Ranch

heheheheh you got a$$ handed to you on your OWN field. LSU owns you. That is funny! I'm sure you bass ackwards monkeys in alabama sure don't see a problem with a system that is broken as long as it crooked enough to allow you in.

You know it is really funny that you monkeys keep trying to tie yourself to the number 1 team- because you LOST to them, at HOME. Let's see, who beat Oregon? I don't recall Alabama playing in that game. Who beat Georgia in the SEC title? I don't recall Alabama playing in that game.

Remind me again how much does the line normally move for a home game? So REALLY its more than a 3 pt game. I've heard some idiots try to say they would play better away from home.... I know there has been a drought, but you really need to add some new genes to the pools down there. It's getting pretty shallow.

Back to you trying to tie yourself to LSU. Unanimous #1 is well... unanimous. If you don't know what that means- find you a dictionary. I'll spell it real slow since you are from Alabama. d i c t i o n a r y . The question is who is number 2- well that is far from unanimous and there is a lot of controversy in the voting. You apparently are re-tarded enough to believe you WON something to get to that position. Where is your conference title? Oh yeah, you don't have one. But I guess you did beat a bunch of child molester protectors that couldn't figure out the phone number to 911. So I can see how you have a sense of accomplishment now.

Over 70% of the country think this is wrong. You probably think Obama and Holder aren't corrupt either.

Don't worry, i'll be laughing when they spank your little butts blue and send you home to mommy- AGAIN.

:roll: tide...... or is it roll another

Cattleman200":3gbkj4l3 said:

Circle H Ranch

And who votes?? Coaches and BROADCASTERS. Some that have seen nothing but a bit of film and read a few stories. I guess if bama wins LSU can scream for the best two out of three and bama can scream "oh he77 no...we beat you this time". We are #1.

Geez ... CF and TB I think you two arm chair prognosticator`s should apply for a college coaching job or broadcaster`s job so each of you would have a vote that would count just like CF`s vote counted when he voted in the last presidential election. CF seriously, have you ever thought about signing up for some local anger management classes?

All jokes aside, you can`t actually think that when Ok St. looked past Iowa St. to Oklahoma and lost to an unranked Iowa St. team that they would be playing for a national championship. The Ok. St. defense shows up big for one game and that is supposed to put them in the big game? If that defense had showed up in the Iowa St. game then they would be playing for the national championship instead of Alabama. Thats not the case. No one is trying to tie Alabama to LSU. We lost to them and then won out the remainder of the season unlike ANY other team in college football. The regular season is OVER. The BCS game between #1 and #2 will determine the national champion. Its as simple as that.

Circle H Ranch

Commercialfarmer":t1j6b8iy said:
Watch your attitude or I will reach through here and be nice slap your dumb a$$.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Guess I''l go with my first instinct. :lol2: :lol2:

Gotta admit, that was a very well thought out, concise, mature response, though.

It's a football game. Lighten up.

Bill under normal conditions I would say that that is true about the Iowa st game, If I remember that is the week that they lost their head coach for the Girls basketball team in a plane crash and were talking about not even playing the game against Iowa st, the one thing that I dont like about this game if Bama wins who is number 1 ? just my :2cents:

Your right, we are only discussing a game. But, if your going to come in here and try to stir things up (I love lucy and whaa whaa), don't start crying foul when you get it handed back to you. "He is being mean and I didn't do anything." - Talk about childish. I'll discuss anything politely. But I won't be quiet when you start taking jabs at me.

Your statement about OSU's defense. They are better than you think. The big difference in the last game was actually style of play of the offense. They slowed down their offense. If your offense scores as quickly as theirs, then you leave your defense out on the field more than they should be. More snaps means more potential yards for anyone. Also, this tires them out and wears on them over the course of a game. They have it figured out now.

And the funny thing is that the same thing could be said about Alabama. If your offense had shown up, you could have maybe scored a touchdown and there would be no discussion if you were deserving to be there. Only two teams scored fewer points against LSU during this season.... Northwestern State, and Ole Miss. Now that is pretty good company when you are trying to prove your greatness. Tennessee, Kentucky and even Western Kentucky was able to score more than Alabama against LSU. Georgia scored more against LSU than Alabama. And Georgia lost to Boise State, who lost to TCU, who lost to Baylor. So comparatively, who in the NCAA division 1 doesn't have a better offense than Alabama?

It is easy to argue this for hours and counter any point you attempt to make. It is flawed system, which is what I was saying.

Gundy sent an offer to put his money where his mouth is. I bet Saban doesn't respond.

The one thing most folks are missing is LSU whould beat Ok St. 99% of the time. Just because LSU beat Alabama once, dosen't mean it will happen again. No doubt the best two teams are playing for the national championship. Still woulda liked to see Ok ST. play LSU. :nod:

I had never heard of the Pinstripe Bowl (that's right, it's in Yankee Stadium) until I saw where Iowa State will be playing Rutgers there on December 30, 2011. Upon investigation I learned the inaugural Pinstripe Bowl was December 30, 2010 and this will be the second annual Pinstripe Bowl.

Latest posts