Reloading supplies

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Been on Midway notification email list for months for Hornady 30-30 bullets.
Got the notification and placed the order immediately.
They weren't scalping on prices. Box of 30-30 ammo is going for over hundred bucks on gunbroker.
Maybe things are starting to loosen up.

Don't hold your breath. Take it when you can get it.. Was not a single shell in Cabelas yesterday. What you can find is high as a heroin junkie.

It seems to be getting slightly better. Local shop has been able to get quite a bit lately, relative to a month ago. In the last week or so they've got several different brands of both .556 and 9mm, some .22 lr, and even some .410 turkey loads. A month ago the shelves were bare except for a few boxes of less common stuff like 10mm.

Last Friday, I was at Academy 5 minutes before they opened and there was a line to get in. I went in when the doors opened and that line had moved to the ammo aisle. They have the aisle blocked and a couple of workers tell you what they got from the shipment. You are allowed 2 boxes only. I picked up some .115 grain Winchester 9mm for $17/box. I talked to a worker there and he confirmed it happens every morning. Lines to get in for ammo!

They weren't scalping on prices. Box of 30-30 ammo is going for over hundred bucks on gunbroker.
I have not found IMR smokeless powder since Obama was in office.

I have not found IMR smokeless powder since

If you need bullets just let me know. Have several drums of wheel weights and lots of molds.
Here's my favorite in the 30-30

Last Friday, I was at Academy 5 minutes before they opened and there was a line to get in. I went in when the doors opened and that line had moved to the ammo aisle. They have the aisle blocked and a couple of workers tell you what they got from the shipment. You are allowed 2 boxes only. I picked up some .115 grain Winchester 9mm for $17/box. I talked to a worker there and he confirmed it happens every morning. Lines to get in for ammo!

People buying to sell at a gun show for triple the price, no doubt.

I don't mind someone trying to make a buck, but it sure makes it hard for the rest of us to get ammo for a decent price.

Went to a gun show a couple weeks ago, 9mm for $1 a round, 243, 30-30, 30-06 $60 a box, $100 bricks of 22, steel 7.62x39 over $1 a round, steel 6.5 Grendel $2 a round, just insanity. I only saw one half decent deal, a Norinco SKS for $500, which went home with me. Prices on those have shot up since imports have dried up.

Here I was kicking myself for buying a few hundred rounds of 22 for 10c a round a few years ago, that's a bargain now.

The one local gun store actually has quite a bit in stock and refuses to scalp. They'll be getting my business from now on. I was surprised to see a couple cases of brass 5.56 for under $1 a round in there.

I have plenty of 243, 7-08, 32-40, 44 Mag loaded up. Have plenty of 28,20,16 and 12gauge . I have no clue how many bricks of CCI stingers I have. Every time through years when I would see them on sale I would buy a brick. There is a Ruger 10-22 at the front and back door and one in each vehicle.
I have loaded 45 for years never bothered with 9 as you could buy it so cheap. I ordered a set of dies .
The 32-40 and 30-30 get toted to the rifle stands the most.
The 243, and 7-08 go to central or south Texas.
I hunt mainly with buckshot out of ladders until the weather turns to cold for my hunting partner arthritis.
I really like the 44 with 200 grain hard cast poly coated bullets pushing @ 2000 FPS on hogs. It punches through no matter where you hit. That's out of Model 92 and 94.

Latest posts