Released the boys

Help Support CattleToday:

Lazy M

Reaction score
Well #1 finally convinced me it was time to let him and the other fellas out.

With a face like that, how can you say no? Took a few pics. 4 Sims, an Angus, and a Herf:

That's him. He's a Feb yearling, and definitely the most excited of the group to see the girls. I think he'd sniffed every cow in the herd twice within 20 min of being with them. :lol:

Lazy M said:
That's him. He's a Feb yearling, and definitely the most excited of the group to see the girls. I think he'd sniffed every cow in the herd twice within 20 min of being with them. :lol:

You are going to be very happy with him.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
If he's the youngest, he's going to have to be quick if he plans on having any action!!
Don't know M's breeding setup,but if the young bull plans it right, he might be able to take advantage of the situation..while the older bulls are fighting, he can do the loving.. :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
If he's the youngest, he's going to have to be quick if he plans on having any action!!
Don't know M's breeding setup,but if the young bull plans it right, he might be able to take advantage of the situation..while the older bulls are fighting, he can do the loving.. :cowboy:

I have 4 separate herds. Run 2 bulls for each. I try to pair up the young and old bulls to decrease fighting.

sim.-ang.king said:
Someone needs to come over there and beat you with a rubber hose, for using a hereford!

:lol: :lol:

Always been a sucker for white faced cattle

Lazy M said:
sim.-ang.king said:
Someone needs to come over there and beat you with a rubber hose, for using a hereford!

I got a PB Simmental with a white face sired by Lock N Load.
I think he is almost as good as the 3 that have sold. What I like is he is tough. Which is hard to explain but when I handle them (and I handle mine a lot) some make an impression on me that they are not going to be whiners and crybabies. Lol

Bright Raven said:
Lazy M said:
sim.-ang.king said:

I think he is almost as good as the 3 that have sold. What I like is he is tough. Which is hard to explain but when I handle them (and I handle mine a lot) some make an impression on me that they are not going to be whiners and crybabies. Lol

Will you hold on to them until they're yearlings? I'd really like to see how they develop. From the pics you've posted this is your best group of calves.

Lazy M said:
Bright Raven said:
Lazy M said:

Will you hold on to them until they're yearlings? I'd really like to see how they develop. From the pics you've posted this is your best group of calves.

The fall calves were nice. I have someone coming to look this week. I don't have a clue what the outcome will be. I prefer to arrange the sale after BSE at 12 months. But some folks want a firm arrangement so the bulls will be held at my risk until 12 months of age. The sale is based on passing a BSE. All my stock is guaranteed to DNA test back to the listed sire. I only have 7 bulls and I am not sure one is worthy. Three are under a buy arrangement.

Latest posts