Relationships

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryder":3bswu3sr said:
JHH":3bswu3sr said:
Friend of mine going through a rough time. I gave him some things to read like a friend of mine here did yrs ago. I hope it helps but think its to late.
Too late????
You mean like ending his life by his own hand?
Tell him that is a long term solution to a temporary problem. And the problem is temporary even if it doesn't feel like it right now.

Don't really think that he will harm himself. I think he's headed for the big D and I don't mean Dallas. I have been trying to cheer him up. Depression is a deep dark place. ( Been there )

Caryn Gregor":tbxqtw2p said:
But you must also admit that behind a successful man is a good woman. It is not all negative you know.
Very true. My wife and I are in the middle of a big move right now and have a few states in between us and we both feel pretty handicapped right now. After a decade of marriage you tend to reach a balance point where you take your partners strengths and weaknesses for granted and you don't notice how big of a role they play in your life until they're gone for a while.
As far as marriages breaking up, it makes me want to cry. I almost wound up divorced a few years ago and it was a simple as a difference between what was being said and what was being heard. Communication is everything.

Most disappointment in life stems from unrealistic, or uncommunicated expectations. Expectations arent met, for whatever reason, then disappointment, frustration, anger set in. It reminds me of that ol saying, " a man marries a woman thinking, 'she will never change'. And a woman marries a man thining, 'I can change him'." And the truth is, they are BOTH wrong.

Tough time for your buddy. Hoping he gets back to good soon.

Life's to short to be miserable. If your not happy move on. There's someone for everyone and that's a fact. The only pain worse than a bad back is a broken heart.

I've had two divorces and there's some different stages you go thru. Heartbreak, jealously and somewhere after that is being just plain pi$$ed off. Get you friend to the last stage and over it as quick as you can. They will be better off after that passes.

It's kinda in bad taste, but I say this a lot:

Everyday, I walk around like nothing is wrong. People see me on the street, and would never guess that down very very deep, I have a problem that is actually slowly driving me over the edge. I keep the problem hid, but I know in due time, it will eventually drive me to the point of insanity. Something has to give, something has to change. I must be the instrument of change, before I explode--------my sock has slid down in my boot!

Only when your mind slips to the dark side. I focus on good and how blessed I am to have a loving family. And my mind gets back on track quickly.

After 27 years and 2 kids out of the house with the same woman it seems kinda simple. They go through stages. The first stage is love. Total love just after marriage. It moves on to the inequities in her life as she sees them and years will pass. This is a continuous time with each rationalizing their own merits. At some point she will want to relive the love she once new and the husband will either provide what she needs or someone else will fill the void. They want to be desired. Most men never get back to the first stage if they ever got there in the first place.

Wewild":1oi8hn5i said:
After 27 years and 2 kids out of the house with the same woman it seems kinda simple. They go through stages. The first stage is love. Total love just after marriage. It moves on to the inequities in her life as she sees them and years will pass. This is a continuous time with each rationalizing their own merits. At some point she will want to relive the love she once new and the husband will either provide what she needs or someone else will fill the void. They want to be desired. Most men never get back to the first stage if they ever got there in the first place.

That's the whole problem. If they wanted to be desired so much then they need to work at it just as hard as the guys. If both partys have a common goal I see they usually work thru most obsticles . A lot of women think they marry some guy then don't have to contribute anymore. I see that every day.

The vows mean nothing to anyone now as it is widely acceptable for divorce to be second nature to almost all women and guys.

JHH":6sa1gzs2 said:
That's the whole problem. If they wanted to be desired so much then they need to work at it just as hard as the guys. If both partys have a common goal I see they usually work thru most obstacles . A lot of women think they marry some guy then don't have to contribute anymore. I see that every day.

The vows mean nothing to anyone now as it is widely acceptable for divorce to be second nature to almost all women and guys.

No doubt you are right.

Bigfoot":2vra19b0 said:
It's kinda in bad taste, but I say this a lot:

Everyday, I walk around like nothing is wrong. People see me on the street, and would never guess that down very very deep, I have a problem that is actually slowly driving me over the edge. I keep the problem hid, but I know in due time, it will eventually drive me to the point of insanity. Something has to give, something has to change. I must be the instrument of change, before I explode--------my sock has slid down in my boot!

Very good post. I am the only one that I can control and it ain't easy sometimes.

Wewild":2lwpez6u said:
greybeard":2lwpez6u said:
All about change...
Women marry men, thinking they can change them--men marry women hoping they never do.

Sometimes, I think they don't live in the real world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LonUQ5o-vLc

Thanks. I I don't recall hearing that song before. He hit the nail on the head.
Song I think is from 60s--early 70s at latest

Something to think about...

Why was Mayberry such a peaceful place? The answer....No one was married. Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Ernest T Bass, Helen, Thelma Lou and Clara were all single. The ONLY one who was married was Otis and he stayed drunk.