Registrations

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586

Reaction score
Curious as to how long it takes your breed association to register an animal. Once you have completed necessary tests and paperwork how long does it take for you to get your registrations??

i havent reged my calves yet but they say it takes 2 or 3wks to get the papers back,i have 4hd to reg.an its gonna cost me because they are over a year old.been lazy doing the paperwork.

For Charolais, if you do it online the animal is registered immediately (you get a reg#) and the papers come in the mail a couple of days later.

CKC, you said "tests"? If your animals have to be DNA tested for registration, that is going to slow down the works. It takes time for DNA to go thru the lab, and then to get the results reports matched back up to the pending registrations.

Tarentaise are registered online, and it's taken between just a few days and a month to get our papers back. I guess it depends on the volume of other incoming work at the time they were submitted. You can also send paper forms to the office for input but there is an extra fee. But for the "non-computer" person I guess it's worth it.

whitecow":39c5wdbi said:
For Charolais, if you do it online the animal is registered immediately (you get a reg#) and the papers come in the mail a couple of days later.
Yes, I forget about it - but Simmentals are registered immediately also, just takes a few days to get the papered registrations (if you want them). Some people choose not to get them.

Latest posts