Registering cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Rod

Reaction score
What is the process of registering my new calves? I now this is probably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway, do both sire and dam have to be registered to have a registered calf? Thanks.

Rod":34i8ucqs said:
What is the process of registering my new calves? I now this is probably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway, do both sire and dam have to be registered to have a registered calf? Thanks.

both Sire and Dam should be registered, check with your Association for the paper work, If you are not a Member of what you want to registered you need to register first

Rod":1of8h82d said:

You should contact your breed association. Different breeds have different requirements for registration. A calf can only be registered with the American Angus Assn if both parents are registered with AAA. But many breeds allow percentage animals be registered. Most breed associations have websites with registration info.

Latest posts