Registering angus

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have several "commercial" angus and I have two "registered" cows, a mother and her daughter, and a registered bull. The daughter had her first calf last year, which the vet had to pull and it was born dead. My question is - would it be worth it to join the Angus Association and register these cows calves this year, knowing I will have only 2 calves to register? The mother cow had her calf on Jan. 9. The daughter has not had hers yet. I plan to buy more in the future, but what about now?

[email protected]

If you plan on increasing your registered herd the answer is yes. The Angus Journal is a wealth of information.

pat

You have to decide that. A regular membership in the American Angus Assn. is $30, without the Angus Journal (a Journal subscription is an additional $50). You can register the calves next year, it will just cost you more. Registration from birth to 4 months is $7; at 12 months of age it's $27. If you have kids involved with the cattle, a Junior membership is $20. The <A HREF="http://www.angus.org" TARGET="_blank">www.angus.org</A> site has information on the benefits of belonging to the Association. Good luck...

> I have several
> "commercial" angus and I
> have two "registered"
> cows, a mother and her daughter,
> and a registered bull. The
> daughter had her first calf last
> year, which the vet had to pull
> and it was born dead. My question
> is - would it be worth it to join
> the Angus Association and register
> these cows calves this year,
> knowing I will have only 2 calves