Registered Red Brangus

Help Support CattleToday:

Dawnny01

Reaction score
I need help! I have become a new proud owner of 1 Bull 5 Heifers and 4 calf's. I don't know anything about cows.

However I do know that in order for my teenagers to show the Red Brangus they need to be registered. From what I have been told...the person I purchased this livestock from had no need for the papers, he did give me the name of the people he bought them from, as luck would have it they sold the rest of their livestock and do not have any of the paper work.

Does anyone know what to do???? :(

Thanks
Dawn

Dawnny01":3ukvm1qd said:
I need help! I have become a new proud owner of 1 Bull 5 Heifers and 4 calf's. I don't know anything about cows.

However I do know that in order for my teenagers to show the Red Brangus they need to be registered. From what I have been told...the person I purchased this livestock from had no need for the papers, he did give me the name of the people he bought them from, as luck would have it they sold the rest of their livestock and do not have any of the paper work.

Thanks
Dawn

Sounds like you are SOL, unless the original seller knows who he/she sold them too, and that person has the papers on the momma and daddy of the animals you are looking at..otherwise just have the kids show the calves in an open AOB class w/o papers or something simular.

Their ear tags (if they have #'s on them) are usually just farm specific, but they may also duplicate a tatoo in the ear. Some breed Assoc's. require a tatoo or brand for the animal to be registered, and they usually use the tag number or tatoo in the name, so it can be part of the registration name. It's usually found at the end of the animals name.

There are new high tech tags available now that can actually be scanned and could help track an animal, but I doubt the cattle you bought would have something like this.

Thank you for your response! If the tag numbers were attached to the end of their name, how or where could you search for this?

Thanks again for being so helpful!

Dawn :)

Dawnny01":1rwwes9s said:

Thanks
Dawn

This is a hard one. Call the International Red Brangus Breeders Association http://www.redbrangus.org/office.html
someone there may be able to track down the new owners of these cattle and help you get your cows registered. This may be mission impossible; but it is probably worth making an effort

Latest posts