registered cattle assn.

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have registered brangus cattle and the IBBA is the worst organazition that i have ever dealt with. are all other registered organizations this bad or is it just the IBBA.(international brangus breeders association) thanks

plb cattle":mtzbl4l5 said:
I have registered brangus cattle and the IBBA is the worst organazition that i have ever dealt with. are all other registered organizations this bad or is it just the IBBA.(international brangus breeders association) thanks

In what regards is the IBBA so terrible.
If you are a member, it is your organization.
If other breeders feel the same as you do, it should be brought to the attention of the Board of Directors.
I used to subscribe to the Brangus Journal, but I let my
subscription drop just recently. IMO it got to to be a waste
of money. The quality of the articles seems to have gone
down after the previous Executive Secretary left and went
with the Charolais Assn.

la4angus":2sll6t0v said:
it should be brought to the attention of the Board of Directors.
In most instances the Board of Directors is part of the issue. Most of them are good old boys that like things the way they are. In their favor of course. I believe that most cattle associations have similar issues. Some are better than others.

i think all associations have their good & bad. the aha went to tpr which was not supported by lots of the members. we still participate but i'm not a big advocate of tpr.

lazyhill":4kr94y1x said:
la4angus":4kr94y1x said:
it should be brought to the attention of the Board of Directors.
In most instances the Board of Directors is part of the issue. Most of them are good old boys that like things the way they are. In their favor of course. I believe that most cattle associations have similar issues. Some are better than others.
The Board of Directors are supposed to be working for all members of the assn; not just for themselves and a select few. They were voted in by the Members and they can also be voted out. There is also an Executive Vice President; in the IBBA case he is Loren Jackson. The Executive Vice President was Hired by the Assn. and he can be FIRED. :) :)

plb cattle":3jwi76sn said:

No, not all registered organizations are hard to deal with. The American Angus Association is great to deal with. And not especially expensive. We can register a calf online, report weaning and yearling weights online. We'll soon be able to transfer ownership online. When I do have to call, them, the people are polite and businesslike. While I don't doubt there are political groups, I really think the Board has the best interest of the breed at heart. IMO, that's the most important thing about an Association.

Frankie":9og5ztpw said:
plb cattle":9og5ztpw said:

No, not all registered organizations are hard to deal with. The American Angus Association is great to deal with. And not especially expensive. We can register a calf online, report weaning and yearling weights online. We'll soon be able to transfer ownership online. When I do have to call, them, the people are polite and businesslike. While I don't doubt there are political groups, I really think the Board has the best interest of the breed at heart. IMO, that's the most important thing about an Association.
I agree with Frankie
This has been my experience with thr AAA for years.

txag":1ls3qhvp said:
i think all associations have their good & bad. the aha went to tpr which was not supported by lots of the members. we still participate but i'm not a big advocate of tpr.

I was satisfied with the AHA until they went to TPR and it stinks. It wasn't set up for the small rancher which is the majority of members.

Campground Cattle":15p6dfiz said:
txag":15p6dfiz said:

I was satisfied with the AHA until they went to TPR and it stinks. It wasn't set up for the small rancher which is the majority of members.

other than that, i'd say the aha is pretty good, too. we can also register calves on line, send in performance data on-line & whenever i've called or had a problem, the office has been more than helpful.

What is TPR?

Campground Cattle":29x89q4t said:
txag":29x89q4t said:

Tod Dague":13mve796 said:
What is TPR?

Campground Cattle":13mve796 said:
txag":13mve796 said:

Effective January 1, 2001, AHA has chosen to implement a Whole Herd TPRTM Reporting system for breeders choosing to maintain performance registry records. Whole Herd TPRTM Reporting is a system of registration and performance tracking whereby every participating breeder updates his/her cowherd inventory annually and is charged for performance data on a per cow basis as opposed to a per calf basis. The system is positively endorsed by the Beef Improvement Federation, a North American umbrella organization of beef breed associations, beef producers, researchers and the academic community. With this system, AHA will be able to measure economically relevant beef production traits such as fertility, longevity and reproductive efficiency. Furthermore, the greater volume of data reported from each herd for measured growth and carcass traits will enhance the accuracy of Hereford EPD's.

Participation in Whole Herd TPRTM is voluntary and breeders may choose to maintain pedigree records without recording performance information if they wish. With this option, known as Pedigree Registry, breeders will not see EPD's or other performance information printed on their registry certificates nor will it otherwise be available after December 31, 2001. Breeders participating in the pedigree registry option will no longer receive herd inventories and will be required to use the eight digit registry number rather than a herd ID to register an animal.

Latest posts