Registered Angus Breeders

Help Support CattleToday:

So what's ya'lls thoughts on the cost effectiveness of the Red Angus' Total Herd Reporting program? On page 4 of the "Predicting Profit..." article at the RA web site it states that the anual assessment fee for each in the breeding herd cow covers the reporting performance data, her calf registration, and transfer of her calf to a new owner.

dcara":2snp94zf said:
So what's ya'lls thoughts on the cost effectiveness of the Red Angus' Total Herd Reporting program? On page 4 of the "Predicting Profit..." article at the RA web site it states that the anual assessment fee for each in the breeding herd cow covers the reporting performance data, her calf registration, and transfer of her calf to a new owner.

That's what we use in the Char (AICA) Association and it works out real well. We call it the "Whole Herd Rewards" program.

Personaly, I think it's the only way to get accurate data! By ignoring those that don;t fall within you're desired range it skews the data. I don;t know how much it does, but in ballistics if you throw hot some of the numbers it really can give you about any figure you want.

dun

Personaly, I think it's the only way to get accurate data! By ignoring those that don;t fall within you're desired range it skews the data. I don;t know how much it does, but in ballistics if you throw hot some of the numbers it really can give you about any figure you want.

dun

Dun you are absolutely correct. I hope that your post encourages others to turn in data on all animals.

We also register at weaning.. that's when we make the decision to ship or keep.

American Simmmental Assoc. also has the "Total Herd Enrollment" which is a great idea.. but if you're crossing breeds, it's not feasible.

Howdy,

Register at weaning time here.

Make the selection for heifer keepers, herd bull propsects (on-the-farm test) state BCIA test)
Calves that do not make the grade go thru the sale ring.

All registered seedstock here