Redneck locking Gas cap

Help Support CattleToday:

Tommy Ruyle

Reaction score
This is for real.

751363.jpg

Tommy
I was at a gas station about a yr ago andthis guy is taking a screw driver trying to pry open the fuel door on a older model Toyota pickup, it was a very nice truck in very good shape.
I asked if I could be of assistance and he replies I just bought this truck and they didn't give me a key for the locking cover, I aksed him if he had tried the ignition or doorlock key and he replies well no they won't work they are for the ignition,
I keep pumping my gas and he finally goes inside to see if the gas station attendant has any ideas, He returns and I ask him if I can see his ignition key and he hands it to me all the while telling me that their is no way it will work,

I insert the key and have to try hard because of all the damage he has caused to the door but the key turns the lock and I get the door open, he looks at me and says that is the stupidest thing them SOBs could have done why would ya use the same key on the ignition as the fuel door,I replied so that way whatever idiot is driving also has a key to put fuel in the vehicle

he had tore up the side of the truck and bent the fuel door and made a total mess out of a really sharp lil pickup

Some people are really smart

Angus Cowman":cvu6ro6v said:
Tommy
I was at a gas station about a yr ago andthis guy is taking a screw driver trying to pry open the fuel door on a older model Toyota pickup, it was a very nice truck in very good shape.
I asked if I could be of assistance and he replies I just bought this truck and they didn't give me a key for the locking cover, I aksed him if he had tried the ignition or doorlock key and he replies well no they won't work they are for the ignition,
I keep pumping my gas and he finally goes inside to see if the gas station attendant has any ideas, He returns and I ask him if I can see his ignition key and he hands it to me all the while telling me that their is no way it will work,

I insert the key and have to try hard because of all the damage he has caused to the door but the key turns the lock and I get the door open, he looks at me and says that is the stupidest thing them SOBs could have done why would ya use the same key on the ignition as the fuel door,I replied so that way whatever idiot is driving also has a key to put fuel in the vehicle

he had tore up the side of the truck and bent the fuel door and made a total mess out of a really sharp lil pickup

Some people are really smart
You can't fix stupid.

I seen a '05 or '06 Chevy the other day with a hasp srcewed to the bed side & cap cover locked with a master lock.i should of took a photo.