Redneck Lent

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred

Reaction score
REDNECK LENT

Each Friday night after work, Bubba would fire up his outdoor grill and cook a venison steak.

But, all of Bubba's neighbors were Catholic..And since it was Lent, they were forbidden from eating meat on Friday. The delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest.

The Priest came to visit Bubba, and suggested that he become a Catholic. After several classes and much study, Bubba attended Mass...and as the priest sprinkled holy water over him, he said, 'You were born a Baptist, and raised a Baptist, but now you are a Catholic.

Bubba's neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night arrived, and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison filled the neighborhood.

The Priest was called immediately by the neighbors, and, as he rushed into Bubba's yard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold him, he stopped and watched in amazement. There stood Bubba, clutching a small bottle of holy water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat and chanted:

"You wuz born a deer, you wuz raised a deer, but now you is a catfish."

Angus Cowman":q9hb77te said:
TB
I can see you doing this

Amen on that bro. Really miss the pork chops and steak on friday's during lent but it's better than giving up beer. :lol: :lol:

Do you think that works with yogurt I have at lunch every day? "Now you is a steak!"

I had a Catholic friend in elementary school who used to carry stinky tuna fish sandwiches on Fridays. I always wondered why peanut butter would not have been just a good and not so aromatic.

Lammie":2z0q2gkd said:
Do you think that works with yogurt I have at lunch every day? "Now you is a steak!"

I had a Catholic friend in elementary school who used to carry stinky tuna fish sandwiches on Fridays. I always wondered why peanut butter would not have been just a good and not so aromatic.

It would have been just as good and acceptable as well. Maybe she just liked the tuna salad.

TexasBred":1hl7vjzv said:
Lammie":1hl7vjzv said:

It would have been just as good and acceptable as well. Maybe she just liked the tuna salad.

The smell alone would guarantee privacy at mealtimes. You know what a tuna sandwich smells like after it has been confined to a lunch box all morning?

Lammie":2oa2h823 said:
TexasBred":2oa2h823 said:
Lammie":2oa2h823 said:

The smell alone would guarantee privacy at mealtimes. You know what a tuna sandwich smells like after it has been confined to a lunch box all morning?

Sardines?

Lammie":251higko said:

Weren't Catholics supposed to eat fish on Fridays back in the old days before one of the popes said they could eat meat on Fridays?

jw":2qrhep2p said:
Lammie":2qrhep2p said:

Weren't Catholics supposed to eat fish on Fridays back in the old days before one of the popes said they could eat meat on Fridays?

Prior to "Vatican II" Friday was always a day of abstinence from meat other than fish. Many Catholics still observe the practice but it is completely voluntary.

jw":39pbme37 said:
Lammie":39pbme37 said:

JW, I am not that old yet. This was after Vatacan II.

Lammie":3ltvrjix said:
jw":3ltvrjix said:
Lammie":3ltvrjix said:

JW, I am not that old yet. This was after Vatacan II.

What happened to Vatican I?

jw...The first Vatican Council was held beginning in 1868 I believe....The council known as "Vatican 11" began in 1962 and ended in 1965. The documents would be in the thousands, however, here is a link if you want to get an idea of some of the changes in practice, worship, etc. A couple of the most recognized changes was saying the mass in native languages rather than Latin. Also having the altar away from the wall with the priest facing those in church rather than having the altar against the back wall and the priest with his back to everyone. Many other changes too many to list.

http://www.americancatholic.org/Newslet ... aq0404.asp

8_4_145.gif
rather this than fish.

TexasBred":3cunnxcq said:
jw...The first Vatican Council was held beginning in 1868 I believe....The council known as "Vatican 11" began in 1962 and ended in 1965. The documents would be in the thousands, however, here is a link if you want to get an idea of some of the changes in practice, worship, etc. A couple of the most recognized changes was saying the mass in native languages rather than Latin. Also having the altar away from the wall with the priest facing those in church rather than having the altar against the back wall and the priest with his back to everyone. Many other changes too many to list.

Thanks for the link.

I did a timeline of the evolution of the catholic church practices and rituals, etc. a few years ago from it's inception. It amazes me at the stuff they practice and teach, but I'll quit here before I really get on my soap box and make some angry and get banned from the board.

jw":5y7ezm6d said:
TexasBred":5y7ezm6d said:

Thanks for the link.

I did a timeline of the evolution of the catholic church practices and rituals, etc. a few years ago from it's inception. It amazes me at the stuff they practice and teach, but I'll quit here before I really get on my soap box and make some angry and get banned from the board.

jw, I am not offended by your misunderstanding of the teachings of the Catholic faith. And why on earth would you get angry?? Most protestants only know what someone has told them or what they've read in some book written by a non-catholic or "anti-catholic" and from you comments I can only assume the same of you. Blessings. ;-)

My thoughts are about the worst thing to do in life is to cut someone down because of their relegion.
After we have the right to worship as we please,and who am I to say you are wrong?

And on the other hand you aint gonna mess with a redneck when it comes to his eatin. :lol: :lol:

Cal

Latest posts