redneck engineering quick fel quick connect

Help Support CattleToday:

I was working on plans to do that when I found this one. I couldn't build a fel for the less. HECK I Have almost 200 in steel in the QC frame.

M5farm":389hfajs said:
I was working on plans to do that when I found this one. I couldn't build a fel for the less. HECK I Have almost 200 in steel in the QC frame.

Ya that's what bad sometimes u can buy it cheaper than u can build it.

IMHO, you may consider investing in the second frame so that one is dedicated to the forks and one is dedicated to the hay spear (single or double spears). When I purchased my fel I got with bucket and fork. Had homemade QT frame and spear probably about $350 extra. My farming partners kind of looked at me like I had lost my mind. One year later, fork stayed on tractor more than spear and seldom used bucket. We didn't know how much the three of us would use the forks! Almost daily the first year. Really helped cleanup and heavy lifting. I think you will use fork and spear more than you think and changing out forks/spear will be more time consuming than you may wish to invest. The double spear will be most useful also. While the "pattern" is still fresh it may be time and money well invested and a month from now you may agree. Good Luck. (Think time and labor savings)

Latest posts