Red skittles spill on WI highway, headed for cattle feed

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":3i2shn8d said:
Actually it's a good feed ingredient as are Snickers, Hershey's kisses and others..(cookies too). ;-)
A person in Nat Geo article agrees with you about the skittles, but chocolate? You're 'winking' with your response, so are you serious?

reeler":1oixiov8 said:
TexasBred":1oixiov8 said:
Actually it's a good feed ingredient as are Snickers, Hershey's kisses and others..(cookies too). ;-)
A person in Nat Geo article agrees with you about the skittles, but chocolate? You're 'winking' with your response, so are you serious?
Absolutely serious...just winked because it was sort of funny. Candy and cookies are very high in energy. The only potential problem is that most of the times the companies will grind the candy bars etc with the wrappers on them so there might be a considerable amt. of paper, small pieces of plastic and small pieces of foil in it. Never have known it to ham anything though.

There was a feedlot not far from that was feeding granola bars, and chocolate syrup by the rail car.
The granola bars still had the wrapper on, and were ground so fine the wrapper pieces just passed through.

TexasBred":2oa3ldr3 said:
reeler":2oa3ldr3 said:
TexasBred":2oa3ldr3 said:
Absolutely serious...just winked because it was sort of funny. Candy and cookies are very high in energy. The only potential problem is that most of the times the companies will grind the candy bars etc with the wrappers on them so there might be a considerable amt. of paper, small pieces of plastic and small pieces of foil in it. Never have known it to ham anything though.
Wow, thanks for clarification. I supplement with sweet feed, so probably not that much different than candy.But, I would never want to feed any type of plastic or foil. Learn something new every day.

sim.-ang.king":2my1j360 said:
There was a feedlot not far from that was feeding granola bars, and chocolate syrup by the rail car.
The granola bars still had the wrapper on, and were ground so fine the wrapper pieces just passed through.
I guess it's good cows have more than 1 stomach :mrgreen:

Biggest feed seller around my parts will offer to add candy to your normal feed especially in the winter time helps them hold condition. It is usually Twix where the left and right dont match M&M's without the letters Hershey what ever comes from a candy plant in Tennessee that are bad runs. The feed sellers run a feed lot to and they believe in it.

I know 2 guys around here that buy feed with m&m's in it. One raising dairy calves and the other with a full operation.
I didn't get it for my mammas or bull, just went with regular 14# protein from feed mill.

I know a guy with a smallish feedlot (300-400 head) that feeds broken taco shells from a plant near him. He also gets waste from a green bean processing plant that he make into silage. Throw in a little straw from the local grass seed growers to add fiber. He feeds the steers for practically nothing.

Our local feed supply has a feed mix and it's called "candy". I think it's around 12% protein but it's a lot higher in carbohydrates which helps the cattle hold condition better. It had M&M's, twix, kit kat, etc in the mix. I've fed it many times and the cows love it. A lot of the farmers here feed it year round as a supplement to hay.

gizmom":af8gmo0w said:
When they grind peppermint into the feed the cows breath smells really nice :)

Gizmom
What about when they pass gas out the other end?? Fragrant?? :lol2: :lol2: :hide:

Latest posts