Red red angus Bull Judge um

Help Support CattleToday:

OK by me folks.

I'm not out to tell anybody what to buy.

Keep in mind you are comparing a fall born 8 months old calf run on grass during the "slow" slow season to a 13 months old bull few all he wants to eat for the last 5-6 months. Also during this time, the hormones will really be kicking in, so the younger bull will exibit a heck of a lot more masculinity(width of chest floor, crest) when he hits the feed bunk.

You are missing out on a nice calf. He is green. He has more substance than the red bull, but is plainer, not as fancy. If you guys like them pretty, that's OK by me, but pretty doesn't pay my bills, substance does. I disagree, the black bull has more substance, and just as much or more depth of chest floor as the red. He has more dewlap than the red, so maybe that throws you off.

No big deal, I don't have to buy either.

mtnman

mtnman: you were the one who told us to comare the two bulls and now your making excuses for age and enviroment. There is no comparison as far as chest floor goes the red blows the simmi away. The simmi bull looks very flat muscled, has no spring of rib, and definitly has no shape. That simmi bull will have to hit the feed bunk for the rest of his life to get near the red.

I'm not making excuses.

I'm telling you what I took into consideration in the comparison.

Nobody has to live with my decisions, and nobody has to buy the bulls I do.

I buy enough every year to know what sets me up for failure, and what doesn't.

No guarantees, just some broad generalities.

mtnman

Latest posts