Red red angus Bull Judge um

Help Support CattleToday:

RedAngus121

Reaction score
ColeysAdvance529R.jpg

We Bought him at the first bull power 1 sale yesterday.

Sire: RBJR Adanvce A709 Dam: 4L MS Rambo 318

Looks like a pretty good calf. He's got a nice profile. What is his weight and B-Date? Do you have a SC measurement, he looks a little small there.

I would give a decent bull price just to see mud like that on the legs of my cows! :D

Sorry about the two Reds didnt see that till after i posted

EPD's
BW 3.3; ww 45; YW 77; Milk 18; TM 40; stay 11

BW 93 ww 895 Scrotal 39

He was are Pick at Coley Cattle companys bull sale.

Good, strong, well balanced solid bull! Great bone, smooth shoulders - beefy hindquarters. A real "front pasture bull"!

DOC HARRIS

93 pounds doesnt worry me there easy calving cattle and where using him on Cows so there should be no Problems.

That 39 Was probly the Average Size for Scrotal.

thanks for the Commets Keep them Coming

This bull is way more pinched in the heart than the Simmental bull on the other string!

Can't you guys see that? Open two windows and compare them side by side.

Look at them!

He looks good to start with because he is thick, but look at the distance from the chest to the ground, and the flank to the ground. He is a round made bull, and trim, but in the end, he is not much short of being a pencil-gut.

That Simmental bull has more guts in him.

Sorry, that's the way I see him. He is purty, though, I will give you that much.

mtnman

mtnman":20jtvk9p said:
This bull is way more pinched in the heart than the Simmental bull on the other string!

Can't you guys see that? Open two windows and compare them side by side.

Look at them!

He looks good to start with because he is thick, but look at the distance from the chest to the ground, and the flank to the ground. He is a round made bull, and trim, but in the end, he is not much short of being a pencil-gut.

mtnman
Mt.Man quote:but the shape doesn't matter too much.

mtnman-I disagree with your assessment of this Red Angus Bull. I feel that you are 'measuring' "distance" rather than "substance" The Red Angus has substance, and his heart girth should be analyzed incorporating his 'spring of rib'! The floor of his chest is broader than the Simmy, and his belly is wide and solid - making the transition from his heavy, smooth shoulder into his side APPEAR as a sharp differential. It really is NOT a "pinched heart girth".

I'll select the Red Angus over the Simmental. Look at them again! - back and forth - - back and forth etc.

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts