Red meat study..

Help Support CattleToday:

What I've found effective is how far would I have to intentionally walk (or otherwise exercise) to burn off the calories in what I just ate. I'm getting lazy in my older age. The calories aren't worth the extra effort!
Have you ever eaten, then, even if you are doing no physical activity felt kind hot, as if you suddenly had a low grade fever of a 1/2-1 degree?
That is caused by your digestive system burning off some calories because digestion itself is not 'energy' free. It takes 'work' for the organs to move ingested food thru your system. Work performed always= some consumption of energy becuase.. science.
It doesn't burn off all the calories you take in of course, but it has to be considered when trying to determine if one needs extra activity to burn off the excess.

Yes-I'm happy with my basal metabolic needs (which of course get less as age kicks in), just not as motivated to try to do the 4 hour workouts that I used to do in my 20's, so no reason for the 2 minute joy from a Snickers…

Recreational eating or eating for enjoyment is quit likely worse for your health than light to moderate cigarette smoking.
Take a 35 year old smoker and a 35 year old 300 pounder and compare
I've been having to travel into he// of round rock for the past week dealing with some family business. I relieved my wife and bought groceries a couple of days ago since I was in town anyway.
School is out for the holidays. So lots of kiddos.
Lots of little Butterballs if you will. And if you take a look in the parents cart you can see exactly why. I'm not for bullying but it wouldn't hurt some of these kids to get teased a little. And their parents should receive even harsher treatment.
Although I'm sure some think that breakfast cereal loaded with sugar is health food. You would think they would look at the kids and figure out something is wrong.

Recreational eating or eating for enjoyment is quit likely worse for your health than light to moderate cigarette smoking.
Take a 35 year old smoker and a 35 year old 300 pounder and compare
I've been having to travel into he// of round rock for the past week dealing with some family business. I relieved my wife and bought groceries a couple of days ago since I was in town anyway.
School is out for the holidays. So lots of kiddos.
Lots of little Butterballs if you will. And if you take a look in the parents cart you can see exactly why. I'm not for bullying but it wouldn't hurt some of these kids to get teased a little. And their parents should receive even harsher treatment.
Although I'm sure some think that breakfast cereal loaded with sugar is health food. You would think they would look at the kids and figure out something is wrong.
I was in Wal-Mart a few months ago and as we were checking out there was a group of obese ladies checking out next to us, one was so obese that she was riding in the motorized shopping cart while eating biscuits and gravy she bought at the deli, she was probably only 25 years old. I was thinking how bad off you are when you can't even make it through a grocery shopping trip without having to eat, and don't even care that that's what probably got you to the point that you can't walk to grocery shop. It's ridiculous. And they probably get some kind of disability because they can't work.
It's a backwards world we live in, I get made fun of and shamed by overweight people because I eat right, work all the time doing manual labor and because of those 2 things I'm in good shape. I'm 5'7 and weigh between 145-150 which is about right for my height, I get comments about my wife not feeding me right, I need to eat more junk, if I was as skinny as you I'd eat what I want, you nee more meat on your bones. We went from fat shaming to skinny shaming, and for reference I'm not what I consider skinny, I'm proportionate to my height and I don't have a gut. I'm always cordial and don't fat shame them though I really want to.

I was in Wal-Mart a few months ago and as we were checking out there was a group of obese ladies checking out next to us, one was so obese that she was riding in the motorized shopping cart while eating biscuits and gravy she bought at the deli, she was probably only 25 years old. I was thinking how bad off you are when you can't even make it through a grocery shopping trip without having to eat, and don't even care that that's what probably got you to the point that you can't walk to grocery shop. It's ridiculous. And they probably get some kind of disability because they can't work.
It's a backwards world we live in, I get made fun of and shamed by overweight people because I eat right, work all the time doing manual labor and because of those 2 things I'm in good shape. I'm 5'7 and weigh between 145-150 which is about right for my height, I get comments about my wife not feeding me right, I need to eat more junk, if I was as skinny as you I'd eat what I want, you nee more meat on your bones. We went from fat shaming to skinny shaming, and for reference I'm not what I consider skinny, I'm proportionate to my height and I don't have a gut. I'm always cordial and don't fat shame them though I really want to.
People poke fun at me for doing push-ups at work. What can you do, right? It's a morbid thought, but do remember that you'll outlive these people.

I'll bet at Thanksgiving, if you don't go back for seconds, people assume you didn't like the food.
I'm 5'9" and 157 most of my life. I have left some gatherings when overweight people suggest that I eat "like a man", or some chick in a double wide lawn chair suggest I go home with her so she can "put some meat on my bones". Lord have mercy!

People poke fun at me for doing push-ups at work. What can you do, right? It's a morbid thought, but do remember that you'll outlive these people.
When I was in China it was unusual to see a fat person... and NOT because they didn't eat.

In the mornings before businesses opened the employees would gather on the sidewalk in front of a restaurant (or whatever) and exercise. It was a normal thing. And they'd walked to work. People would gather in city parks to play physically demanding games, or to dance. It was weird to see groups of people ballroom dancing to a portable radio... all very serious about what they were doing.

This was in 2004... so maybe things have changed as technology has provided games where all they need is a screen and thumbs to control an avatar.

It's more of a problem in poor and rural America. Go to a place like Flagstaff, AZ and you'll hardly see anyone carrying a lot of extra weight.

It's more of a problem in poor and rural America. Go to a place like Flagstaff, AZ and you'll hardly see anyone carrying a lot of extra weight.
This may speak more to your perception. Although 97% of the USA land mass is considered rural, only 18% of the population live there (82% of the population lives in 3% of the area).

Even if 100% of rural citizens were overweight, that'd be much less than half of the total overweight population.

I don't like statistics when they don't agree with my perspective either, but by any reputable measure, you're statement is incorrect. In any case, lacking important context.

Latest posts