Red Clover w White Blooms

Help Support CattleToday:

ClinchValley

Reaction score
Tell me if i'm wrong here. Red clover gets tall/lanky and has larger flowers. White clover grows more compact and has much smaller flowers.

I've found a piece i thought was red clover. Yet, it has blooms white in color. In every way it is red clover except the blooms being white. Does this happen from time to time? Or is a different strain of clover? Can throw up a pic later if need be.

A lot of folks down here have arrowleaf clover. It will grow tall if not grazed and has large white blooms.

Sore red grows tall some doesn;t some white grows tall some doesn;t. Look at the underside of the plants leaves. If they are perfectlu smooth with no fuzz of any kind it's white. If they have any fuzz at all (may have to look at an angle to see it) it's red

i have white clover and some of the blooms have turned pinkish red, i think it cross polinates with red clover from bees. thats my conspiracy theory anyway :)

TexasBred":9oi4uvux said:
A lot of folks down here have arrowleaf clover. It will grow tall if not grazed and has large white blooms.

I bought Hubam clover seed That grew the same way. Looked like weeds 6 and 7 feet tall. Smelled awesome. Turned in the cows and they went to town on it.

I have seen this a lot in our red clover, ranging from almost white to a lighter red mixed amongst the red clover. I think it is just a variation, certainly not another type of clover in out case.

Latest posts