Red Bluff Stock Dog Sale Results

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":1kg7sk2f said:
I'm guessing those are finished dogs and not pups?
Yes. Most have competed at various trials too. I follow a group on facebook who are all about this stuff. I can't believe the stuff that goes on. Cheating, name calling, running down other operations, backstabbing. I watch from afar. To me, it rivals some of the stuff I've seen in the show horse world!

Red Bluff Sale home page...hover over videos if you want to watch the three sessions of dogs working.
http://redbluffbullsale.com
For inquiring minds...2018 marked the 77th year of the venue. Began as a western states showcase for Horned Herefords and evolved to include numerous breeds. QH geldings eventually added and ~ 20 yrs ago, the dog sale (primarily BC's and on occasion, some Kelpies). Week long deal, big trade and art show, social events etc. In a nutshell, considered a prestigious event and especially so for high end sellers & buyers on all fronts.
Regarding the dogs, historically & IMNSHO, the vast majority are slash and burn $hit eaters. Pretty good guess most wind up unused chained behind the barn or in the dead pile.

76 Bar":lxr7wvca said:
Red Bluff Sale home page...hover over videos if you want to watch the three sessions of dogs working.
http://redbluffbullsale.com
For inquiring minds...2018 marked the 77th year of the venue. Began as a western states showcase for Horned Herefords and evolved to include numerous breeds. QH geldings eventually added and ~ 20 yrs ago, the dog sale (primarily BC's and on occasion, some Kelpies). Week long deal, big trade and art show, social events etc. In a nutshell, considered a prestigious event and especially so for high end sellers & buyers on all fronts.
Regarding the dogs, historically & IMNSHO, the vast majority are slash and burn $hit eaters. Pretty good guess most wind up unused chained behind the barn or in the dead pile.

It seems strange that the dogs sold at higher prices than the bulls.

76 Bar":foxy2yfv said:
:lol: You're obviously not familiar with the Red Bluff sale mentality aka :bs:
Not familiar with anything and don't want to be familiar with anything in California. The GCA is taking it's annual cattlemen's trip to California this year and so far can't get enough of us signed up to go. We had two bus loads signed up to go to Montana and turned people away. I enjoy living amongst folks that I can relate to.

True Grit Farms":1wp6heny said:
76 Bar":1wp6heny said:
Not familiar with anything and don't want to be familiar with anything in California. The GCA is taking it's annual cattlemen's trip to California this year and so far can't get enough of us signed up to go. We had two bus loads signed up to go to Montana and turned people away. I enjoy living amongst folks that I can relate to.

That is a very open minded attitude.

I am sure Californians will be very sad you did not visit.

California is number one for visitors in the United States. I am guessing you have never been there.

Bullitt":2iujzlrd said:
True Grit Farms":2iujzlrd said:
76 Bar":2iujzlrd said:

California is number one for visitors in the United States. I am guessing you have never been there.
I had to fly into San Francisco on my way to Alaska, so yes I have been there...and for to long for my liking.

Bullitt":laf08nrv said:
True Grit Farms":laf08nrv said:
76 Bar":laf08nrv said:

Don't guess they'll miss me, either. I've been to California twice in my life. First to Newport Beach where people looked at me funny because I was wearing jeans, boots and a hat. It was also hard to get waited on to buy a beer. Bunch of snobs! A few years later was San Francisco where I got along with the homeless much better than the locals. Don't ever see a reason to go back.

In all regards, CA is an extremely diverse state. Passing judgement based on a brief fly by at acknowledged radical left thinking, non agricultural areas is foolhardy & erroneous.

76 Bar":1k8m65t3 said:
In all regards, CA is an extremely diverse state. Passing judgement based on a brief fly by at acknowledged radical left thinking, non agricultural areas is foolhardy & erroneous.
My buddy Cow Pollinator used to say the same thing when he lived in California. I was making plans to go visit him and see the real California. Problem is he sold out and moved to Oklahoma, and now he won't even go back to the left coast to visit.

California typically ranks 4-5th annually in cattle numbers and like all such censuses, includes both beef and dairy. Not making a case one way or the other save to draw attention to the state's significant cattle population. As for the left coast (WA, OR & CA), libertarians &/or genuine conservatives assuredly have a tough row to hoe. Pretty good guess Cow Pollinator and I would agree. All things considered, I wouldn't be surprised if our paths had crossed somewhere along the trail.

Latest posts