Red Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

Kenlofarms

Reaction score
I am looking to hear input on what Red Angus bulls are being used for AI this year on heifers.

We are going with Redemption to work on building our female base.

We like the Genex tech in our area or I would do some Spartacus. Genex have a Spartacus son, Gladiator I thought about using if he has any in his tank.

Thanks i am looking at PIE Cinch 4126 from Select Sires and Bieber Deep End B597 from Genex. I am looking to add frame size.

We have a Pie Cinch calve due next week. We bred a few to him, but had bad luck and only one stuck.

If you want to add some size Deep End looks good. Are you going to use him on heifers

Kenlofarms":1y0wz1ol said:
Thanks i am looking at PIE Cinch 4126 from Select Sires and Bieber Deep End B597 from Genex.
I am looking to add frame size.
Red Angus assoc. doesn't give any info on frame size making it difficult to focus on adding it.

14ar2066 Bieber STORMER at Accelerated (Select Sires)
Should add more frame than the vast majority of Red Angus sires.

Tennessee Tuxedo , where are you located. I am in west Tennessee. I have two herd bulls right now. One is a 5.9 frame and the other is a 5.8. Both are great animals. I have also recently began a cross breeding program of Red Angus cattle with a Hereford bull for red baldies.

Kenlofarms":1wl89jik said:
Tennessee Tuxedo , where are you located. I am in west Tennessee. I have two herd bulls right now. One is a 5.9 frame and the other is a 5.8. Both are great animals. I have also recently began a cross breeding program of Red Angus cattle with a Hereford bull for red baldies.

I'm in Franklin, TN but our farm is 250 miles to the north in Warsaw, KY.

Thanks for the suggestion of Red Six Mile, one of my herd bulls (1629464) is the grandson of RED SIX MILE SAKIC 832S, and the other is he offspring.

Kenlofarms":2tcix8ot said:
Thanks for the suggestion of Red Six Mile, one of my herd bulls (1629464) is the grandson of RED SIX MILE SAKIC 832S, and the other is he offspring.

Mine is Shady's Mulberry B306, Reg Number 1747394 born 12-4-2014.

Most of the heifers have Red Six Mile in their pedigree.